[Resolved] Main header nav not functioning for some pages

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Main header nav not functioning for some pages

Home Forums Support Main header nav not functioning for some pages

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Jenny

Hello,

A strange thing became apparent today and perhaps was related to running the WP Optimize plugin a day or so ago. I am building all my page with GP header and Elementor body (except Blog which is pure GP) and for several pages, but not all, the Elementor template became inaccessible (The Content Area Was Not Found in Your Page message appeared when attempting to edit the template). I updated each page via the WP dashboard and then its Elementor template became accessible again. However, for these pages with restored templates, the GP header navigation links do not function (although curiously, the navigation links on the GP sticky header do function!). How might I restore the link function to the main GP header navigation for these pages?

Thank you,

Jenny

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hi Jenny,

Sounds like a strange problem – any chance you can link me to the one of the problem pages?

Jenny

do you need access to the dashboard, or merely to see the site. If the latter, here is a page where the main header nav is not functioning, but the sticky header nav is functioning — http://www9.sustrana.com/resources-published-articles/ and here is the home page (where the Elementor template did not suddenly become inaccessible) where the main header nav remains functional –http://www9.sustrana.com/. If you need access to the dashboard, I will send info via email.

Thank you!

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

That first Elementor section has a margin-top of -101px, which is bringing it up on top of the header.

If you make that margin 0, the header should start functioning.

Let me know πŸ™‚

Jenny

Yes, I think my colleague was in the site making some changes, I didn’t realize that (and the sections must have been transparent!) Everything functions now. Thank you very very much for your quick response πŸ™‚

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

You’re very welcome πŸ™‚

Jenny

As a follow-up to this thread, here is the response I received from Elementor to my help ticket:

——
    Please read this article:
    The Content Area Was Not Found in Your Page (http://docs.elementor.com/article/56-content-area-not-found)

You have to create first a child theme to do it and then to paste the code there.
    You will have to paste the code in one of the files of the theme, plugin or custom-made page template that leads to the problem.
    PHP editing has to be done by developers to avoid issues.
    We recommend consulting the developers of the plugin or theme or switching to a theme that includes the content function/ avoid using plugins that do not include this option.

——–

So, was my stumbled upon solution to simply Update (via WP dashboard) the pages that would not display their associated Elementor template a legitimate solution, or should I do something different?

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

I’m not really familiar with the inner workings of Elementor, but it sounds like your method was likely the best one πŸ™‚

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.