[Support request] Mailer Lite and emoji

Home Forums Support Mailer Lite and emoji

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author
    M

Hi, I have two questions:

1) I would like to add a MailerLite form to my site. Where should I add the Javascript?

Insert the following snippet of JavaScript on every page of your website right before the closing </head> tag. Please note: <em>You only need to add this snippet once, even if you plan to have a few different forms. There is no need to insert this JavaScript snippet if you already have it on your website.</em>

2) I am having trouble with emoji. I add them to a blog post/page as I am writing, and they look nice with a black border. When I publish the post or page, the look different and smaller, with no border. Any idea why that is happening? On another site using GP they look the same as they do for me in the post draft.

Thank you

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

1. Usually javascript goes into the wp_footer hook with a hook element:
    https://docs.generatepress.com/article/hooks-element-overview/

If that doesn’t work, then try the wp_head hook.

2. Where can I see this issue?

Let me know πŸ™‚

M

Thank you! I just shared a blog post where the emoji can be seen with no black border.

Also, how do I add a MailerLite form at the end of each post?

Thanks!

M

Mmm! Something strange has happened. I added the MailerLite form to the club sign up page and now the text in the yellow widget on the right is all bold.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hi there,

Your browser should handle the display of emojis, as they’re typically built into the browser itself.

As for the bold issue, this typically means you have an HTML element which isn’t closed.

For example, there’s an opening <strong> tag, but no closing </strong> tag.

You can look through the HTML and count each opening tag vs closing tag to find the issue.

Hope this helps πŸ™‚

M

Thank you, Tom. I went through each page/html and could not find where I did not close the tag for bold and underline…I will keep looking.

As far as the emoji, I am looking at my site and another GP site with the exact same template. Why do the emoji look different, with the border, on theirs as compared to mine (when both viewed in Chrome)?

Thank you.

M

I found the bold and underline error!

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

It could be a plugin you’re using that’s changing the emoji style. Same WordPress version on both sites?

Glad you found the HTML issue πŸ™‚

M

Yes it is the same WordPress version. I wish I could link both sites here to show the difference.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Are the sites live? If so, you can send them through our contact form if you’d like: https://generatepress.com/contact

Just be sure to mention this topic πŸ™‚

M

Thank you! I just submitted the site links through the contact form.

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

I’m seeing CSS in your site that’s setting the border to none:
    https://www.screencast.com/t/xyTksRODzXX

Did you add the CSS?

If not then try disabling all plugins to eliminate any conflicts.

Let me know πŸ™‚

M

I did not add any CSS. I disabled the plugins and nothing changed. However, I noticed that when I open my site on my laptop, in Chrome, the emoji do have a border. When I open my site on my computer, in Chrome, they do not! This is strange.

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

That does sound strange. I’m not seeing a border either.

I’m definitely seeing the CSS though:
    https://www.screencast.com/t/zhxjxMkGVmL

Are all plugins disabled currently? Any custom functions at all?

M

Yes. I disabled the plugins but nothing changed. I do not know how to solve this issues. The emojis without border are every hard to see honestly, especially when in a post.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.