[Resolved] Magazine Grid in Dispatch showing 5 images.

Home Forums Support Magazine Grid in Dispatch showing 5 images.

• This topic has 6 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 1 year ago by Tom.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Andrew

Hello, it’s my understanding that the Magazine Grid in Dispatch should show 4 images, however mine is showing 5 and I’d like to get it to the default setting
    The first 4 are displaying as normal, but then there is a smaller fifth one on the left side in a third row.

Here’s a screenshot for reference: Magazine Grid Screenshot

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

can you go to the WP Show Posts lists and edit the Header grid list, and check in there how many pages are to be displayed. Make sure this is set to only 4.

Andrew

Hi David, yes, I checked that last night and saw it was set at the default of 4.
    I did just install the theme to another site, and not having this issue over there, so maybe something weird is happening with this site or my WP install.

null

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

That is peculiar, maybe something got messed up on the import.
    The workaround would be to recreate that WPSP list, and then take the new shortcode and replace the one in the Header Element.

Andrew

Hi David, I tried that and had the same issue. That little fifth image was always hanging there.
    I tried choosing a new site from the Site Library (Mellow) and then back to Dispatch, but then my site had some elements of Mellow still there, like the Hero image instead of the Grid and couldn’t get it to look the same way again. I guess that’s why it’s recommended only to add a new site from the site library on a fresh site.

I actually uninstalled GP and all of the Premium GP plug-ins, reinstalled, and still can’t get Dispatch to look correct. Is there a recommended best practice for updating to new sites from the site library if we want to experiment with different looks and just wiping clean so I can start over?

Thanks for your help!

Andrew

I think i’m ok now. I just went ahead used the WP Reset app to start over here.
    Learned NOT to put new sites from the library on top of old ones. 🙂

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Glad you got it working. Definitely a good idea to start fresh each time you import a new site. More info on that here if you’re interested: https://docs.generatepress.com/article/using-the-site-library/

Thanks! 🙂

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.