[Support request] "Looks like something's gone wrong" when publishing from appearance customizer

Home Forums Support [Support request] "Looks like something's gone wrong" when publishing from appearance customizer

Home Forums Support "Looks like something's gone wrong" when publishing from appearance customizer

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Carolyn Marie Bee

When the GP Premium plugin is activated, I am unable to publish changes through the Appearance customizer and receive this error message:

Error Message

I’ve waited and tried again, to no avail. The GeneratePress theme isn’t giving me trouble when the Premium plugin is deactivated.

I did all the things: cleared cache, deactivated plugins, tried another theme, checked for updates/verified most recent versions, removed all custom CSS, closed and reopened browser, cleared database transients, and even uninstalled and reuploaded both the theme and the plugin.

Server info: Apache/2
    PHP version: 7.3.2
    Active plugins:
    Code Snippets
    Custom Feeds for Instagram
    GP Premium
    Jetpack
    WooCommerce
    WooCommerce Services
    WooCommerce Square
    WP Fastest Cache
    WP Fastest Cache Premium

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hi there,

Does the issue go away if you deactivated GP Premium?

If so, what happens if you keep GP Premium active, but disable all of the modules?

Carolyn Marie Bee

Weird. It looks like the issue is occurring only when Custom Feeds for Instagram plugin (Smash Balloon) and the “copyright” module in GP Premium are enabled. No matter what combination of plugins & modules I try, it’s only when those two are enabled that the problem occurs.

I’ll just put the copyright in the footer without using the GP copyright module for now.

I knew that instagram plugin was going to do something weird eventually. It’s been about 4 months, but sure enough..

Thank you!

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hmm the Copyright module is quite simple.

Not sure how it could cause this.

If you want to do further testing, switch to a twenty series WP theme, do the two plugins work nicely together?

All good if you want to keep it the way it is as well ๐Ÿ™‚

Carolyn Marie Bee

Hi Leo, I did not try that because my understanding is that the GP Premium plugin requires the GeneratePress theme.

It’s only when the copyright module on the GP Premium and Smash Balloon Instagram plugins are active. No other modules in the GP Premium plugin seem to have an issue, individually or combined.

Such a strange incompatibility, and who knows where within the vast and scattered codes of a WordPress site the problem actually exists LOL.

I don’t like not knowing what the issue is. But at least it’s just a matter of deactivating one module.

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

ok sounds good ๐Ÿ™‚

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.