[Resolved] Looking for a Solution to Filtering Posts by Category

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Looking for a Solution to Filtering Posts by Category

Home Forums Support Looking for a Solution to Filtering Posts by Category

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Samuel

I want to add a filter to allow people to easily filter my posts by category. I have a number of categories in a hierarchy. So, for example, Category A contains Category A1, A2, etc. Category B contains Category B1, B2, etc. I want to provide a menu where people can choose from the Category A options or the Category B options to filter posts.

I’ve seen the Search & Filter plugin which may work, but I’m wondering if there’s a better solution or a plugin by Tom I haven’t discovered yet đŸ™‚

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hi there,

Nothing by me currently, so you’ll have to use an existing plugin unfortunately.

It is something I’ll add to WP Show Posts at some point, but probably not directly in GP.

Samuel

Cool. It would be great to be able to add whatever you work up to the default posts page. I love WPShowPosts also.

André

On this topic, we would like to “showcase” a catalog of our courses/products (which are all pages) to our “all courses” page (via a shortcode).

I don’t see a way to achieve this directly with GP, but WP Show Posts seem like it could perhaps do what we need.

When I select Under Posts > Post Type > Page

Is there a manual (or plugin) way to add/attach a Taxonomy to specific pages, so that a group of them can be called with WP Show Posts?

Thx Tom!

André

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Pages don’t have taxonomies by default in WordPress. You’d likely be better off creating a custom post type, and adding taxonomies specific to it.

André

Tom, there ended up being a much simpler solution.

WP Show Posts > More settings > Post IDs

… then I simply listed all the page IDs coma-delimited in the Post IDs field.

Worked perfectly.

André

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Awesome đŸ™‚

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.