[Resolved] logo does not display on mobile devices

Home Forums Support [Resolved] logo does not display on mobile devices

Home Forums Support logo does not display on mobile devices

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Alisa

I uploaded my logo on the Generate Press Premium. It looks great on the desktop and on the previews for mobile. But, after going live, it was discovered it displays “Wordsmith” on ios and a little icon with my site name on Android where the logo should be. How do I fix this? This site is http://www.practicalspiritliving.com I recently did an update and it says I am on GP Premium 1.8.1

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hi there,

It looks like the Retina logo needs to be updated. You can either remove the existing retina logo or add your own in Customize > Site Identity.

Let me know πŸ™‚

Alisa

Thanks for your prompt response, Tom. So, when I enter my logo in the “retina logo” it changes my header logo to oversize. My original logo needed to be cropped when I put it in the header section. I am a newbie and really appreciate the help. For now, I changed the mobile header to site title and that looks ok. Do I need to use a different logo size in both spots? My logo came out of Canva and is 500×500 in original size and then cropped to work in the header.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

The retina logo should be identical to the normal logo, but twice the size. So if your regular logo displays at 100×100, the retina logo should be 200×200.

The mobile header logo can be much smaller, but it should still be twice the size of the area it will take up. For example, if your mobile header is 60px tall, the logo should be 120px tall.

Let me know if that helps or not πŸ™‚

Alisa

Thanks for your time and help! I looked at some other GeneratePress talks online and found a solution I am happy with. I opted for using the mobile header bar with my site icon embedded instead of the full logo on the mobile devices. Thank you. I appreciate your help.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

No problem! πŸ™‚

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.