[Support request] Logo appears much smaller under Layout Navigation Logo, than under Site Identity

Home Forums Support [Support request] Logo appears much smaller under Layout Navigation Logo, than under Site Identity

Home Forums Support Logo appears much smaller under Layout Navigation Logo, than under Site Identity

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Carsten

Hi there, Why does my 500×500 logo appears much smaller when added under Layout Navigation Logo, than if added under Site Identity?

Both logos appears to small, what is the recommended logo size?
    That of course depends what you want, but in my case I want the logo to be of the same hight as my nav menu

Regards
    Carsten

Carsten

And why does a 66×55 pixel logo appears just as large as a 500×500 pixel?

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

so the Site Header Logo you can control its size by adjusting the logo width in the customizer.

the navigation logo is sized by the Menu Item height in Customizer > Layout > Primary Navigation.
    There is also some padding applied to the logo which does make it smaller that can be removed with CSS on your current setup:

.main-navigation .navigation-logo img {
        padding: 0px;
    }
    Carsten

Thanks for the clarification David, it seems like the logo size stays the same, no matter what the upload size is, so how do I add a bigger logo?

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

So the site identity logo in the Customizer > Layout > Header –> Logo Width edit the field and delete the number so its empty. The logo will then be displayed at its original size.

The nav logo is as i mentioned above.

To be sure make the changes publish your settings and view the page in an incognito browser just to make sure the browser cache isn’t interfering

Carsten

So we are back with the issue I have with adding the logo under Site Identity, that the logo is not in line with the nav menu, but I guess it’s a compromise.

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

If you can share a link to the site then we can advise on the best solution.

Carsten

Thanks, I added the link. What I want is the logo to be about the size you see, but in line with the nav menu, not above or below, as the options are.

Carsten

Meetup as inspiration

View post on imgur.com

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

In Customizer > Layout > Primary Navigation you could set the Location to Float Right.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.