- This topic has 3 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 1 year, 1 month ago by Leo.
August 28, 2020 at 6:56 am #1421766Jeff
I installed the Dev theme from the site library, on a brand new fresh install and when I woke up the next day the domain.com/wp-admin login page isn’t working. Instead of the usual WordPress login form, I get this error page:
You don’t have permission to access this resource.
Anyone else experience this before? Someone suggested that I might have installed a plugin that changes the login page url but I don’t think I installed anything that does that so I’m thinking that it must be the Dev template since that’s the only thing I installed on a fresh install. The only other unique thing I did was I updated the GP Premium Plugin, since I had never done this before. Could the way I uploaded the GP Premium plugin cause this type of problem? Here’s the breakdown of everything I did to the site in order.
Here’s everything I did in order of activity –
1. Brand new WordPress installation on DigitalOcean hosting.
2. Installed GeneratePress theme through the WordPress Admin (didn’t upload), did not activate the theme.
3. Then installed the GeneratePress Child theme (uploaded it), activated this child theme.
4. Installed the GP Premium plugin but immediately after I noticed that it wasn’t the latest version (I think it the version was previous to the current version) so I deleted it and installed the latest version of the plugin. The system acknowledged that the plugin was being updated and there were no problems.
5. Activated the Site Library module in the GP control panel
6. Installed the “Dev by Mike Oliver” template from the site library, which imported the necessary data and content.
7. Installed Google Analytics tracking code by creating a new Header Element and displaying it on everypage.
8. I think I might have added Yoast and the Wordfence plugins but did not activate them.
So basically, I installed GP theme & child theme, GP Premium Plugin, and then the Dev theme from the site library, and that’s it.
Has anyone experienced this type of issue before with the Dev template from the site library?August 28, 2020 at 8:21 am #1421987DavidStaffCustomer SupportAugust 28, 2020 at 10:44 am #1422160Jeff
Yes and it also doesn’t work but it’s a different type of error. When going to wp-login, a web page from my site displays along with the message “Oops! That page can’t be found.
It looks like nothing was found at this location. Maybe try searching?”
When visiting wp-admin, instead of a web page from my site, it’s just a blank page with the error message only.
Does this give any clue as to what the issue could be? Is there anything I can try?August 28, 2020 at 11:33 am #1422210
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.