[Support request] Login Form fields too far to the left. “Username” field not showing.

Home Forums Support [Support request] Login Form fields too far to the left. “Username” field not showing.

Home Forums Support Login Form fields too far to the left. “Username” field not showing.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    John

On any sort of login page, it appears that the fields are too far to the left. I also notice that on the WordPress login page, the Username field, Forgot Password link is not showing. All settings were default demo. Any idea? Links are provided to see firsthand.

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

the pages Content Container has been set to Full Width.
    This can either be set in the Page/Post editor:

https://docs.generatepress.com/article/content-container/

Which you can change to default

Or it can be set dynamically using a Layout Element found in Dashboard > Appearance > Elements:

https://docs.generatepress.com/article/layout-element-overview/

If this is the case and you require the full width on other pages, simply Exclude the login / checkout pages from the Display Rules.

John

Thanks a lot, it solved the issue of the width, the content is now centered correctly. Can the spacing also be adjusted vertically as well? What I mean is the menu header is overlapping the content even without scrolling down. Can it be set in such a way that the content is always below the menu header(when on top of the page). I have taken a screenshot of the header overlapping the “username” field on the login page.

Elvin
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi,

What I mean is the menu header is overlapping the content even without scrolling down.

This happens because your header-wrap has position: absolute;. Any particular reason why this is applied?

If that particular property has to be kept intact then you can edit and add CSS of something like this:

.header-wrap {
        position: absolute;
        top: 0px;
        left: 0px;
        right: 0px;
        z-index: 10;
    }

div#content {
        margin-top: 80px;
    }

This ensures that the content stays clear of the header by adding a margin-top equal to the header’s height.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.