[Resolved] Location entry meta for post list with GP Alpha 2.3

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Location entry meta for post list with GP Alpha 2.3

Home Forums Support Location entry meta for post list with GP Alpha 2.3

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    ocan

Hi!

As requested I open this new topic which is related to the location of the meta info on post and archive as mentionned on this post.

I had the same issue so I did what you said. It worked but with some problems you maybe can help me with:

• The icons before the category name and tag name are not displayed (And I would like them to be)
    • The categories and tags are still displayed at the bottom of the post / archive (and I wish they wont)

[img]https://i.imgur.com/nOHqCa9.jpg[/img]

These issues occur in both archive and post

Any idea how to fix this?

NOTES:
    I added tags in your suggested code as I only need Categories and tags displayed. It is worth noting that if you keep the date and author in the code, category and tags wont show up if you decide not to activate date or author on the customized layout. So if you only want categories and tags displayed code should be:

add_filter( 'generate_header_entry_meta_items', function() {
        return array(
            'categories',
    		'tags',
        );
    } );

PS: I never learned PHP so if I make a mistake that can do harm to others Generatepress fellow users please correct me

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hi there,

The icons are removed by default, as they don’t typically work with the flow of the header entry meta. The separators should be there though – can you link me to the page?

In order to remove them from the footer, you need to use the generate_footer_entry_meta_items as well, and remove those items from it.

Let me know πŸ™‚

ocan

Hi Tom

Footer meta is gone now. I just used

add_filter( 'generate_footer_entry_meta_items', function() {
        return array(
                );
    } );

with everything empty.

Here is the link

As you can see, there is a coma between each category and each tags, but nothing between category and tag. Thiw was not an issue when the icons were available but now it is just a blank space and its hard to know whet is the tag and what is the category

As you read this I seize the opportunity to thank you for this wonderful theme and the first class support you offer us.
    Thank you Tom!

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Give this CSS a shot:

.entry-header .cat-links + .tags-links:before {
        content: "|";
        display: inline-block;
    }

As for your function, you can simplify it a bit:

add_filter( 'generate_footer_entry_meta_items', '__return_false' );

Thank you! Glad you’re enjoying the theme πŸ™‚

ocan

Problem solved perfectly and fast. As usual. Thank you guys

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

You’re welcome πŸ™‚

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.