[Resolved] Loading issues with "Vibe" from Site Library

Home Forums Support Loading issues with "Vibe" from Site Library

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    coco

Hi,

I’ve created a site from the Vibe theme in the site library.

The front page is not loading quickly or properly. There are two videos on the front page, but what’s not loading is actually the sections where there are images and information, not videos.

The site loads well for me when I use Chrome, but if I view it on my iPhone or on Safari, it appears as though something is missing from the two sections I mentioned- as though I’ve yet to load images completely in those two places. It all just looks a little wacky instead of intentional.

I’ve also had others look at the site on their computers and devices and the issues are the same for them.

(I’ve cleared my cache multiple time, btw.)

I don’t know code, so I’m hoping this is solvable without much issue.

Thanks for your help.

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

i can see a few errors in the dev tools console when viewed in safari – they are related to a media player script. Can you try disabling all other plugins apart from Element/pro and GP premium and let us know.

coco

Okay, great. Thanks for taking a look. Can you tell me if the site looks any better from your side now? I’ve disabled the plugins I can live without. I know, I know, I didn’t totally follow directions! If I have to do more, then I sure will, but if this does the trick, I’m good to go.

By the way, I’m self-hosting the videos, but would the media player script issue be resolved if I move my videos to YouTube?

Thanks so very much for your help.

Coco

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

So the errors are gone and it looks the same across the different browsers on desktop and mobile.
    Self hosting videos – the only negative is the time it may take to serve up the video – which may be quicker if served from Youtube or Vimeo.

If you want to serve them faster then disable autoplay and set a Poster Image for the video.

coco

Wow, that’s wonderful to hear. Thank you. I wonder which plug-in was causing the issue.

I’ve disabled autoplay on the videos, and if loading is still slow, I’ll move my videos to YT or Vimeo.

Again, thanks very much for your help.

Coco

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

One way to test is to re-enable plugins one by one until the error returns. But if you can do without them then all the better 🙂

Glad to be of help.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.