[Resolved] live changes in cuztomizer not working

Home Forums Support [Resolved] live changes in cuztomizer not working

Home Forums Support live changes in cuztomizer not working

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Noel

Yesterday my header, navigation, and some padding in the footer broke.

Found out it was from Autoptimize plugin with “Also aggregate inline CSS? Check this option for Autoptimize to also aggregate CSS in the HTML.” being selected. I un-selected it and it fixed the issues.

Now when I make changes in the cuztomizer for anything, I have to hit publish and refresh the page to see the changes. It no longer changes while editing.

Any ideas?

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hi there,

That’s strange – we’re using Autoptimize right here on this site without any issues.

Can you make sure your settings match ours here?: https://generatepress.com/fastest-wordpress-theme/

Noel

I’m using all those recommended settings. I deactivated the plugin and it does the same thing. BUT when I open customizer in a new window, for some reason it’ll work like normal.. *shrugs* lol. I guess that’s what I’ll have to do.

Noel

Ok, so I figured it out. It was also messing up some pages using elementor. I have the recommended autoptimize settings and I also had SG-optimizer that came with siteground. It was SG-optimizer settings:

1. Load Render-blocking JavaScript Files Asynchronously
    2. Combine CSS Files

Turned those off and pages aren’t broken and customizer shows changes while editing.

Thanks Tom. That was a cluster f* lol

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Glad you found the issue! 🙂

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.