[Resolved] Links to email and phone number in header

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Links to email and phone number in header

Home Forums Support Links to email and phone number in header

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    kunal

Hi Guys, quick question, in the top right of my site, I have the phone number and email. I added this by adding a custom HTML header widget (customize->widgets->header). All I did was add the phone number | email address as a Title. But I actually want these to be links, however when I add the a href tags, in the Title of this widget, it gets stripped out.

Right now, I have “call or email us today” but I don’t like how the text is placed. Ideally, I would like to convert the headers into the appropriate ahrefs, and then just remove the “call or email us today” text, to keep it one line.

Thanks

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

so you would use <a> tags within your custom HTML like so:

<a href="mailto:someone@example.com?Subject=Hello%20again" target="_top">My email text</a>

<a href="tel:1-408-555-5555">1-408-555-5555</a>

kunal

Hi David, I tried that, in the custom HTML widget there is a (1) title field and (2) body field.

When I put the a href tag in the title field (1), the link tag gets stripped out. I don’t like how txt is positioned in the body field, thus do not want to put this info in that part

kunal

Is there a css mod such that I can put a ahref tag in the title field that doesn’t get removed?

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

You would need to place it in the body field, as the title fields don’t allow HTML.

What about the positioning do you not like?

kunal

Hey Tom, With the header and body fields, the two lines creates a lot of empty space. One line would be sufficient height. And if I kept the header text empty, and just put the phone/email information in the body space, then it gets some odd margin, such that the text isn’t line with the logo…
    Do you know what I mean?

I just want the “LOGO email us/ phone us” to be on the same line

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

If you can add the links as Tom suggests then we can take a look and provide some CSS to make them all align nicely.

kunal

Wow, guys, I’m so sorry for wasting your time! Once I put in the html code, and removed the header, the html just auto corrected to it aligned with the logo!

Guys, my bad. Thanks for your time

Kunal

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

No problem at all, really glad to hear you got it resolved 🙂

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.