[Support request] Linking from the menu to a new tab

Home Forums Support [Support request] Linking from the menu to a new tab

Home Forums Support Linking from the menu to a new tab

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Hans

Hi,

At this moment I have different pages for linking my visitors to spotify, twitter, coundcloud, etc. In that page I use this: a href=”website” target=”_new” so that clicking on the link opens in a new tab.

How do I arrange the same effect directly from the menu? Now they click on the menu, the page opens and by clicking on the photograph on that page they go to the website in a new tab. I would like to arrange that directly from the main menu.

Is that possible?

Kind regards,
    Hans

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support
    Hans

Yes this helps. Thanks. Now I only need a solution to get them opened all in the same tab. every link opens now in a separate new tab. can they be opened in the same new tab? I am not sure is I should use css for that and what the css code should be.

Thanks
    Hans

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Not sure if I understand.

How can two pages be opened under the same tab?

The menu system is all from WordPress and GP doesn’t have control over it.

Hans

When you use target=”_new” for links to other websites, the first time you click on a link a new tab opens to show the website. After that every link with that target is opened in that same tab. instead of opening a new tab every time for every link

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

the target=”_new” us technically an invalid term in HTML4 / 5. But what browsers do when clicking on a link is they will look for _new tab and if it exists it will open the link in that tab.

If you want each link to open in a new tab then use target=”_blank”

Hans

Hi David,

In general: how do I target links to other websites in a single new tab? Instead that every link opens in another tab?

Spcifically. How and where do I arrange this in the menu?

Kind regards,
    Hans

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

how do I target links to other websites in a single new tab? Instead that every link opens in another tab?

I’m not too sure what you mean by this? As of right now, your external links are opening in a new tab for me (in the same window as my other tabs).

Hans

In Google and in Firefox every link opens in a new tab. So when I click Spotiofy, spotify opens in a new tab. Clicking soundcloud opens soundcloud in another new tab. So clicking all those links results in 5 tabs openened next to eachother. I am looking for the possibility that the first one opens a new tab and when I click on a second link that it opens in the tab that was opened after the first one. For the links in the menu that go to other websites.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Ah, I’m not sure how that’s done, unfortunately. It might be worth asking over in https://wordpress.stackexchange.com/.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.