[Resolved] link top bar widget to anchor tag

Home Forums Support [Resolved] link top bar widget to anchor tag

Home Forums Support link top bar widget to anchor tag

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Pauline

1. I would like the “Top Bar Widget” to link to an image (the limoncello voucher) on our home page. I have put in an anchor tag to do this, but no matter where I put the anchor tag (I have ended up putting it a couple of blocks above the voucher), it still cuts into the top part of the image so that it is obscured. How can I avoid this and allow for the client to see the whole of the voucher?

2. I would like for the “Top Bar Widget” on every page to link to this voucher on the front page. Please could you tell me how to write the link correctly to do this.

Thank you so much.

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

1. tricky one as the sticky nav is built using CSS – so the jump link can’t avoid being covered by it. Not sure but give this a go:

Edit the Headline Block that the link jumps to. Give it a top padding of 200px, and a top margin of (negative) -200px

2. The topbar link would need to contain the full url eg. https://thewebites.com/#coupon

Pauline

Hi David

Many thanks & hope you are keeping well 🙂

Your (genius) advice worked perfectly on desktop & mobile. On ipad it still cuts off a bit, but this won’t be an issue – I’m extremely happy with the results & grateful once again for being able to pick your brain. Adjusting the link also worked (I had tried this before, but it did not work when viewing in the customizer, so I thought I had done something wrong).

Best wishes
    Pauline

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

You can adjust the Padding / Margin values separately for Tablet and Mobile.
    After selecting the Headline Block you can select the Tablet tab – and adjust the Padding and margin.

Glad to be of help.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.