[Resolved] Link text to middle of sections image

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Link text to middle of sections image

Home Forums Support Link text to middle of sections image

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Jaakko Pöntinen

Hello, Tom & staff.

Hope you are well.

I’m trying to practice trendy webdesign, which (sadly) includes huge images simply stacked and then there’s some non-informative market-driven word in the center of the image. I absolutely loath, detest and despise this trend BUT what the heck can I do, right? What can anyone.

My question: I’m using a static page as a front page for my site and all content in one container. On the front page I have sections, each of which have a different image.

How would you execute a link smack dab in the middle of each image? I can imagine “hacky” ways to do it with negative margins and absolute positioning of the element, but is there something built-in, perhaps “cleaner”?

Thank you.

Jaakko Pöntinen

Hello,

I’ve solved all the problems described above. Perhaps was too quick to post question, sorry.

– JP

Jaakko Pöntinen

Oh yeah, the solution was:

Use the section’s background to have the image and the playing field is then free for other content positioning. Set the bgimages to 50% 50% so that the essential always stays in view when scaling viewport.

The links in the middle? Aligned middle text and applied a top-margin to the p element wrapping the a element within .generate-sections-container.

– JP

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Glad you were able to figured out!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.