[Resolved] line-height missing from Typography in Container in GenerateBlocks

Home Forums Support line-height missing from Typography in Container in GenerateBlocks

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Natalie

The headline block has a ‘line height’ option in the advanced typography section.

The container block doesn’t have a ‘line height’ option in the advanced typography section.

Is this by design?

My issue is that I’m trying to style a bulleted list, which by default in WordPress has very few styling options.

I have wrapped it in a container and was hoping to style the line-height in the container but it is not there.

Obviously the bulleted list can be styled by css for a default line-height, but this was to give the client the ability to override the line-height on a case by case basis.

Thanks

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

yes it is designed that way as any element with an inherited line height could be effected by that one setting – which could be problematic.

What type of list is it ? As you can replicate a basic list using the Headline Block

Natalie

Hi David

Thanks

Not a specific list. I’m just writing the client documentation for their website and wanted to tell them how to vary the line-height in a bulleted list.

Wordpress is woeful with it’s options on lists.

With the headline block, I assume you mean create a headline with an icon as the bullet symbol and then duplicate the block for each line of your bulleted list.

I did think of that but it is a bit fiddly for the client.

I think my best option, if they regularly need a different spacing is to add a new ‘style’ to the gutenberg default list using wp.blocks.registerBlockStyle( ‘core/list’
    with a class that I can style with css. Not as versatile but easier for the client.

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Sounds like a solution 🙂

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.