[Resolved] Limit the latest post count on homepage

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Limit the latest post count on homepage

Home Forums Support Limit the latest post count on homepage

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Mahesh

Hi, I am having a problem with my homepage. I want to show only 5 latest posts on my homepage but it is showing too many which makes me scroll a lot.
    I tried to adjust it by going to settings > reading > Blog pages show at most.
    But still, I can’t see any change. Is there a solution?

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

can you provide a link to your site. You can edit your original topic and use the site URL field to share it privately.

Mahesh

Hi David
    I have updated the site link.
    Please have a look.

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Looks like its only effecting the home page.
    So begin by clearing and disabling any server / plugin caches – we could be looking at cached content.
    If that doesn’t work then try disabling other plugins or remove any custom functions you have on the site to check for conflicts.

Mahesh

Hi David,
    I cleared all the caches and deactivated all the plugins, but still, it’s showing the same layout.
    Regarding custom functions, I don’t remember whether I have added anything apart from the “related post” custom function which I got from here.

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Can you flush and disable Autoptimize.
    Disable the child theme ( if installed ) and Disable the Elements Module ( in case any hooked functions are conflicting ).

Mahesh

Flush? You mean clearing the cache from Autoptimize. Yup, I did it and also, deactivated Autoptimize & element module. Regarding the child theme, I don’t have any.
    After doing all these things, there is no change.
    Its really complicated issue. πŸ™

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

What is the related posts function you have added ? And how is that added ? ( Code Snippets )

Mahesh

I referred to this post https://gpsites.co/merch/the-single-post/ . It was suggested by you in June 2019.
    Just scroll the post to see the related post section.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

That related post section shouldn’t cause issues like this on the home page. Does the issue go away if you disable that Hook Element with the related posts?

Mahesh

No, it doesn’t go away.
    I am now creating a static page for my homepage instead of the latest post.
    So, I won’t be dealing with this problem now. Anyways, thanks for your prompt response. Appreciated πŸ™‚

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

No problem πŸ™‚

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.