[Resolved] lightweight social icons using generate_inside_navigation hook

Home Forums Support [Resolved] lightweight social icons using generate_inside_navigation hook

Home Forums Support lightweight social icons using generate_inside_navigation hook

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    Marcus

Is there a way to use the “lightweight social icons” plugin inside of the global navigation? I was assuming it might involve the generate_inside_navigation hook?

I’m trying to have: [LOGO (left)] —— [Navigation + Lightweight Social Icons (right)]

Essentially all on one line in the header, logo left; navigation and lightweight social icons right.

Thank you!

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

Using FontAwesome should be a better method: https://docs.generatepress.com/article/adding-icons-to-menu-items/

Marcus

Thank you! I actually had looked at that technique you linked to earlier today, but wanted to take advantage of the ease of use of lightweight social icons plugin instead if possible.

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

That would actually complicate things which is why we’ve written that article ๐Ÿ™‚

It should be relatively easy if you follow the steps but definitely let me know if you get stuck somewhere.

Marcus

I was able to add the shortcode via the Widget Shortcode plugin and this hook:

add_action( 'generate_inside_navigation','addnavshortcode' );
    function addnavshortcode() {
    echo do_shortcode( '[widget id="lsi_widget-2"]' );
    }
    ?>

However, the icons appear above the navigation and not to the right side as I hoped they would. I guess some CSS is in order?

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hmm try wrapping it in a div with a class then use CSS to float: right;

Marcus

Thank you for the help Leo. I think the float right will work if I can figure out how to make the container a little wider? So close!

2018-01-18_15-57-18.png

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

The site container? Should be here: https://docs.generatepress.com/article/container-width/

Marcus

No, it looks like the “nav#site-navigation.main-navigation” is what is too narrow. It’s causing the last link, “CONTACT”, to be pushed down. Wondering if that container could extend out more to the left to make room for the social icons.

2018-01-18_19-08-41.png

Thank you for all the help Leo!

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Can you link me to the page?

Marcus

I have this running locally via Flywheel right now, but this live link should let you take a look.

http://7af15c0f.ngrok.io/

Thank you Leo!

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Try adding this CSS:

#primary-menu {
        float: left;
    }
    Marcus

Brilliant! Yes, that’s what I needed!

Thank you Tom!
    Thank you Leo!

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Glad we could help ๐Ÿ™‚

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.