[Resolved] Lightweight Social Icons plugin: Strange link problem

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Lightweight Social Icons plugin: Strange link problem

Home Forums Support Lightweight Social Icons plugin: Strange link problem

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Michael

Hi. I have the Lightweight Social Icons plugin installed and placed fine in the header and footer of our website. Links to Facebook, for example, are all entered to be https://www.facebook.com/wmtreesproject and show that destination in LSI controls in the Customizer in all views (desktop, tablet, mobile).

So far so good. I’m noticing though that while the FB link functions fine when clicked from a desktop device, ONLY on a mobile device (tablet or phone) the Facebpok link goes to https://www.facebook.com/groups/whatcommilliontreesproject which is less preferred by us. I tried clearing all browser caches, but the problem persists. Any ideas?

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi Michael,

LSI doesn’t have the capability to change or redirect the links so I assume that Facebook has some kind of auto redirection set up.

Michael

Hmmm. But in desktop view there is no such redirection. It only happens in mobile formats. So that makes me think it has nothing to do with FB. Any other LSI possibilities? Thanks.

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Nothing I can think of – LSI absolutely doesn’t have any redirection set up.

Have you tried disabling all plugins except LSI to test?

Michael

I haven’t disabled all plugins yet. But… I think it’s a LSI or GPP bug. Here’s why: When I change the order of the four social icons and freshly enter their links, then publish it, they update and revise fine in desktop view. But from the hamburger side-menu in Tablet or Mobile views the social icons does not update AT ALL. All of this occurs with browser image caches cleared from two different browsers (Chrome and Safari), Let me know if this clue helps. Thanks.

Elvin
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi Michael,

Your site has 2 different instances of LSI added to it. (One on Header widget area, one on Off-canvas panel widget area)

Can you make sure they both have the same links?

A wise man once said:
    "Have you cleared your cache?"

Michael

Hi Elvin. I did that already and they are both with identical links.

Elvin
    Staff
    Customer Support

Can you provide us temporary backend access to check?

Also, can you try purging all kinds of cache and have a look at it again? (you may have to check CDN and/or backend hosting if they serve cached version of the page).

A wise man once said:
    "Have you cleared your cache?"

Michael

Purged the site cache and the Cache Enabler plugin cache, plus browser caches. Also chatted now with webhostinghub (my hosting provider) tech support and they confirmed the issue AFTER clearing everything on their end. (There is no CDN applicable here, btw.) In the private info is the chat transcript pasted. Bottom line is there is a bug in Lightweight Social Icons and/or GPPro’s interaction with it. The only thing I can think of now is to totally delete all four social media icons and then freshly add them in. Open to other ideas you have.

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

The only thing I can think of now is to totally delete all four social media icons and then freshly add them in. Open to other ideas you have.

Please give that a shot.

There aren’t any interactions between LSI and GPP.

The LSI plugin is also outdated and won’t be getting any updates either.

Michael

Okay, I deleted every link and then deactivated LSi. Social icons in all formats disappeared, thus I know it wasn’t a cache issue. Reactivated and rentered, and all is fine now. So I guess for some unknown reason, that solved it. Thanks.

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support
Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.