[Resolved] Lightweight Social Icons, cannot add extra icon

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Lightweight Social Icons, cannot add extra icon

Home Forums Support Lightweight Social Icons, cannot add extra icon

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Antwan

Hello,

I used the Lightweight Social Icons plugins successfully for a while now. Today I tried to add another icon (Instagram), but it just won’t show. Instead, it displays a square (or a squiggly line on Safari). I’ve tried other icons, they won’t show up either. If I select an existing icon, it shows up fine. I’ve added the code from https://stackoverflow.com/questions/26125030/font-awesome-icons-not-showing-in-chrome-a-maxcdn-related-cross-origin-resource and disabled caching plugins to no avail. Any suggestion of what could be going on here?

Thanks in advance!

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

I believe it’s the same issue here as you are getting the same errors:
    https://generatepress.com/forums/topic/search-icon-missing/#post-528584

Let me know if this helps ๐Ÿ™‚

Antwan

Hi Leo,

Thanks for your suggestion. If I add the specified “nginx config” to my htaccess-file, it produces an internal server error. The “Apache config” code does not seem to have any effect. And it puzzles me that the icons that I configured earlier on can be displayed, but new ones do not seem to be available?

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

It doesn’t look like you’re having access control issues.

It’s almost like the font file doesn’t contain that icon, but it obviously does.

Do you have any server caching or a caching plugin on the site?

Antwan

I use the WP Super Cache plugin on this website. It is not active at this moment, but it doesn’t make any difference as you can see. I’ve also tried disabling other optimization- and Font Awesome related plugins, but that doesn’t help either. Pretty weird…

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Very weird, can you try activating WP Super Cache just to clear the cache?

If that doesn’t work, maybe try re-installing Lightweight Social Icons.

Antwan

WP Super Cache activation has no effect. Deleting and reinstalling the plugin doesn’t do the trick, either. I’ve also tried disabling security plugins (i.e. Wordfence) but I keep getting only the icons that were activated the first time around.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

I can’t find a cause for this unfortunately. Every test I’ve done shows the icon normally.

Do you have another WP site to test it on?

Antwan

It took me some time, but I’ve finally been able to solve this issue. The website was part of a multisite-setup, so I decided to make a new wp-instance while testing all the plugins and their settings. The icon showed as it should. I started duplicating settings and code from the original site to the new instance, and by copying the “Additional CSS” the Instagram-icon disappeared. From there on it was easy to search out the CSS that caused the problem and solve this little riddle.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Awesome, glad you figured it out ๐Ÿ™‚

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.