[Support request] Lightweight Social Icons

Home Forums Support [Support request] Lightweight Social Icons

Home Forums Support Lightweight Social Icons

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Adam

Hey Tom,

Firstly I just want to say I am a huge fan of your work, I use your theme for all my sites (work in progress when I actually get time in between creating client websites and setting up VPS servers…)

and…

I use your theme for every client I can persuade to use it, really its the only theme I endorse !!

Even my bash script I developed for building and maintaining VPS servers installs generatepress theme on every wordpress install it generates and removes all other themes (using the wp cli)…

Anyway back to my original thought, is there any way you can strip out some of the !importants in the css for Lightweight Social Icons because its a little troublesome overriding some of the styles… Now for me it’s no problem, I just unpack the plugin and make some changes but then for my clients if they want future updates of the plugin it all gets a little messy…

So my thought is, can we have some way to style the plugin output, either strip out the !important’s if this is going to be feasible or have a few options, maybe under appearance as a sub-menu ‘Social Icons’ admin settings page, that would populate the settings from the wp-databse directly by php and therefore removing relevant css from style.css but allowing manipulation by a settings page?

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hi Adam,

Thanks for your support – it means a lot ๐Ÿ™‚

The !important tags in Lightweight Social Icons are ugly, I agree.

The issue is that a lot of themes out there have CSS that will be more specific than what I can make the LSI CSS.

For example, they can target the anchor element with the parent container in the theme, and all of a sudden the link color in the icons will be overwritten by whatever the theme wants.

I typically stay away from !important, but in this case it’s the only way I could stop an influx in support threads telling me the font size, color etc.. wasn’t working.

I’ll try to find some time to fiddle with it in the next couple weeks to see if I can come up with a different solution ๐Ÿ™‚

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.