[Support request] Learndash Course Grid Layout Issue

Home Forums Support [Support request] Learndash Course Grid Layout Issue

Home Forums Support Learndash Course Grid Layout Issue

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    Coen

Hi!

I want to use Learndash’ Course Grid add on, but it’s interfering with (as it turns out after switching themes on a staging environment) – Generatepress.

Is this issue known?

I use Elementor as well (was actually afraid that was causing the issue).

The layout issue is quite extensive – as it actually doesn’t look at all like the course grid should (content, features and layout all missing or incorrect)

First and foremost, it completely neglects the fact that it is a grid and just shows one huge column.

If that’d be solved I would already be a lot happier πŸ™‚

Page that you can see the current layout of the course grid: https://pianolingo.com/testingcoursepacks/

My staging site where I have switched to twentynineteen:

https://staging-pianolingo.kinsta.com/testingcoursepacks/

Any idea how I can fix it? πŸ™‚

Thanks for your help!

Cheers, Coen.

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support
    Coen

Hi Leo, thanks for your reply.

I had already found that one, but unfortunately not..

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

i can’t replicate this issue on a clean install of GP and GP Premium. Which would lead to either a. a plugin conflict or b. a custom function you have in your child theme or something added to the GP hooks.

Can you check by disabling plugins and disabling any hooks / functions?

Coen

Hi David,

Thanks for your response.

As I mentioned, switching themes (to twentynineteen) solves everything, which leads me to believe that it’s definitely not a plugin conflict (as all of those stay the same when I only switch themes, right?).

Regarding the hooks/functions: I’ve deleted all functions and tested again – same.

I’ve put all hooks on draft and tested again: same.

The only thing I have active now are 3 page headers – but I can hardly believe those can interfere (they’re also not on the page that I’m testing the Learndash Course Grid).

Any other ideas? πŸ™‚

Thanks so much for your help.

Cheers, Coen.

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Can (did) you try disabling the other plugins? There is a chance that there is a combined conflict between them and GP which is behind the issue.
    Also if you have a child theme active can you disable that.

Coen

It seems that de-activating the Child theme solves the issue… so that’s where it is.

Although it’s still not very… neat. The “See More” button and the icon/image overflow outside of the containers/columns (you can see here: https://staging-pianolingo.kinsta.com/testingcoursepacks/)

Anyway, I do need to (would really like to) use that Child theme, so.. any way to solve it? πŸ™‚

Cheers, Coen.

Coen

ps. pagination and filtering also don’t seem to be ok. both on page 1 and 2 of the pagination the first few courses are the same and I seem to miss an awful lot of them that are not shown at all.

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

So i tried a test site with the base course grid and a child theme. The only issue was the terrible grid layout they use collapsed from 5 to 4 columns. Did you have any custom functions in the child theme?

The content layout issues seen on your site such as the image overflowing is coming from some additional CSS where padding has been added to them. This could be coming from the uncanny owl plugin, can you try disabling that?

Sorry for the runaround but finding it tricky to pin down the issue so appreciate the time you are taking to test.

Coen

Hi David,

Thanks again. Please don’t worry about me running around – I should be the one to apologize for all the trouble and really appreciate your help!

To answer your questions:

Yes I had functions in my child theme, but I deleted all those on the test site, cleared cache, tried again and the problems were exactly the same (one column, no button etc. the really bad layout).

Have now tried disabling the uncanny plugin (which – to my knowledge did nothing visual btw, I had only a few of its modules activated strictly for some added functionality), but to no avail…

I’ve contacted Learndash themselves too, who should be testing as we speak.

I do want to stress the fact regarding the Child Theme, that’s why I’m still here too.
    When it’s activated, the grid looks all kinds of awful (not even a grid anymore). When it’s just Generatepress main theme (child deactivated) all is.. better.

Just to be absolutely clear (I’ve only in the past six months begun to work with adding custom functions myself, so to rule out the fact that I’m misunderstanding what you mean here): you’re talking about all custom php I’ve put in functions.php, right? Or should I do more than just clearing that out to remove “custom functions?”

Sorry for the long message!

Cheers, Coen.

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Yes to clarify – any custom functions you added to the child theme functions.php. Or if you have any scripts added to the GP Hooks.

Just as a catch all, do you have any errors in your error_log file on your server when the child theme is active?

If you don’t have that file, can you turn on WP_DEBUG to see if anything comes up?: https://codex.wordpress.org/Debugging_in_WordPress

Coen

Custom functions were all removed.

The only elements I still had active were legacy headers with nothing special in them that could mess up the layout of anything – especially not on a page where none of these headers were active.
    However, I also put all of those on draft – effectively disabling them (right?)

Don’t have the debug file and it looks like I need to put in some time and do research before I can get it (unfamiliar)

I’ll first wait to see what Learndash’s support might come up with.

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

OK, so lets see what LearnDash have to say and see where we go from there.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.