[Support request] Lazyload

Home Forums Support [Support request] Lazyload

Home Forums Support Lazyload

• This topic has 11 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 5 years ago by David.
Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Leon

Hi Tom,

I’m approaching this time for a suggestion on lazy load. Tried almost all the famous one out there: WP rocket lazy load, Autoptimize lazy load (just added a few days ago), a3 lazy load, bj lazy load etc. Honestly speaking, none works as expected. They will either break the site or cause extra problems like even a slower loading speed.

Do you have any suggestions?

Background: My site actually loads OK for US and Canada (on average 2s), however, it’s 13s for China which is not acceptable. Image loading is a big issue so I guess Lazy load should help a lot.

I’m using GP on Kinsta, the one you suggested.

Thank you
    Leon

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

have you got a CDN enabled?

Leon

I have tried Kinsta CDN and Keycdn. Keycdn simply wouldn’t work. It’s slower with it. Kinsta CDN will break my site somehow. I assume it can be that some css files are not loaded because some styles on my plugin Simple CSS will not render.

So I disabled CDN.

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

I would suggest looking at why Kinsta CDN is causing issues with the site. Is it not possible to move your Simple CSS to a child theme style sheet?

Leon

I tried before. But if I put the css in my child theme, the outcome looks different from that in Simple CSS plugin.

I’ll try again and update.

Thanks David.

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

CDN’s can be awfully tricky. Perhaps the Kinsta support can be of assistance. They’re usually pretty good.

Leon

Played around CDN with Kinsta support. Finally give up. Performance has only gone worse. I think I’ll stick to how it is now.

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Might be worth doing some network tests to see what the issue is. Can’t unfortunately run a test from a Chinese server. I did run a GTMetrix report from Australia, and the largest delay is a 3rd party jQuery request.

Leon

Thank you David for the great support. Surely I’ll find a better time to figure it out when I’m more capable of js and php. Learning now. Will come back and update.

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

You’re welcome ๐Ÿ™‚ In this instance you may just want to disable some plugins that could include that script to see if that helps.

Leon

Right David. I know that’ll help. Actually I have been trying to delete as many plugins as possible recently for the best optimizing effect. Right now I’m only using the plugins I have to use to achieve desired functions.

However, I know the number of plugins can be greatly decreased if I’m capable of writing more code to the next level. So, I’ll get there.

So good to have you all.

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Sounds good to me ๐Ÿ™‚

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.