[Support request] Lazy Load

Home Forums Support [Support request] Lazy Load

Home Forums Support Lazy Load

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    Borja

Hello,

I’ve been trying to use a Lazy load plugin as lazy load, a3 lazy load and lazy load by rocket. But none of them have worked in my theme and I’m struggling why it can be.

is there any lazy load plugin that actually works?

my website: http://www.az-carreras.com

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

What exactly isn’t working? Are you getting any errors?

Borja

I’m not getting any error, basically it is that it doesn’t work, doesn’t do the lazy load when I activate the plugin.

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Does it work normally with a twenty-series theme?

Have you checked with the plugin authors?

Roman

Hi Borja, Leo,

unfortunately this is an old problem which has not been fixed until today:

https://generatepress.com/forums/topic/how-to-display-load-more-button-in-columned-layout-without-masonry/#post-352957

I have just updated to the latest GP version to find out that neither infinity scroll nor load more button works together with lazy load plugins.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

If any of these lazy load plugins have a JS hook/trigger we can hook into, we can tell masonry to adjust the layout once they load.

Basically the masonry script needs to adjust CSS positioning once the images load. Masonry is wrapped in imagesLoaded, but I guess that’s not compatible with lazy load (that would be ideal).

Roman

Therefore, what shall we do to get it work?

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

I’ll have to do some testing. If you’d like to help you can ask the developer of whatever plugin you’re using if there’s a trigger we can use to re-layout masonry once images are loaded.

Roman

OK, I will ask authors of a3 Lazy Load plugin and I will let you know.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Thanks!

sprylab

Hi Tom, Roman,

I just found this thread as I am trying to add lazy loading to my generatepress site.

This plugin https://wordpress.org/plugins/lazy-loading-responsive-images/ looks very well done and has an option to include lazysizes aspectratio plugin. This plugin calculates the needed space for images before they are loaded. That avoids content jumping when the images are loaded and makes the lazy loading work with masonry grids.

This should fix the problem or am I mistaken?

Thanks
    Stephan

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

That plugin looks interesting, thanks for sharing.
    There are two issues with some lazyloaders one being the sizing of the placeholder the other is they may only work on images that are present on initial load, not ajax loaded. Maybe worth testing

Amit Nair

Was reviewing these threads before installing a lazy loading plugin. Is there any latest update? Any specific recommendation for a lazy load plugin?

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

the one that sprylab pointed out looks pretty good and the plugin author is active in support which is a good sign.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.