[Support request] Layout settings for full-width section backgrounds?

Home Forums Support [Support request] Layout settings for full-width section backgrounds?

Home Forums Support Layout settings for full-width section backgrounds?

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Arp

Set the Layout > Container width to the widest and take it from there? Or is there a way to have section backgrounds that can extend outside the container?

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

I would recommend trying our upcoming blocks plugin (currently in Alpha 3) GenerateBlocks:
    https://generateblocks.com/

The container block would be what you are looking for:
    https://docs.generateblocks.com/article/container-overview/

Arp

OK. What would the Layout > Container settings be for that? I know I have to use Elements to make custom wide background behind the header too.

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

It can be whatever you want.

The container block in GenerateBlocks allows you to set a different width for each container, independent of the general container width from the theme.

Arp

I get that but I don’t want to have to set a width for every page or content section on the site on the site individually. I want the content width to be consistent so it’s one less thing to worry about for my client when I hand the site over.

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

I’m a bit confused now.

The container width setting in the customizer would apply to every page.

However, in order to have a full-width section in the middle of the page content, you would need to use GenerateBlocks and built each section separately.

If this doesn’t help, any chance you can provide an example of what you are trying to achieve so I can make sure we don’t have any miscommunications?

Let me know 🙂

Arp

It looks like every page would be broken into sections. Each section would have a full-width background but the content container should be a consistent width across the whole site, from the navigation/header down to the footer.

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Yup that case the only option is to use GenerateBlocks to build each section individually.

We will be introducing filters so you can set the default container width in GB.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.