[Resolved] Layout questions (Sidebar)

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Layout questions (Sidebar)

Home Forums Support Layout questions (Sidebar)

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • Author
    Josef

Hi there!

I started using WordPress yesterday and installed the generatepress template.

My website is for my uncle who is an engineer and want just a static website (only pages, no blog function).

– How to move the logo on the left side of the header? When I add a logo it’s right under the site identity name.
    – How to have page specific sidebars? When I have the layout global… or Content / Sidebar it always shows the sidebar from the template settings. How to have different sidebars on different pages?
    – Is there a way to modify the bottom line (Copyright for my uncle)
    – How to sort the navigation in specific order?
    – Is there a way to have the navigation always on top even when scrolling?

I’m sorry for those beginner questions. I try to learn as fast as possible ๐Ÿ™‚

Anyway: thank you very much for this nice template and for all supporting answers!!

Josef

Josef

Sorry, another question:

How to edit the text in the editor for pages? For example I would like to add a heading but I just can select bold and italic ๐Ÿ™

Josef

Update: I was able to sort the navigation manually ๐Ÿ™‚

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer
    Josef

Dear Tom! Thank you very much for your support ๐Ÿ™‚ !! Every hint worked except for copyright (I’m thinking about buying some addons in the future).

Best regards
    Josef

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Weird about the copyright – did you add your code using these instructions?: https://generatepress.com/knowledgebase/adding-php-functions/

Josef

Hi Tom,

I used the PHP code with the plugin code snippet to add it to WP.

I’m still building and testing all the functions and some plugins… it makes fun and I’m sure that I have some questions in the future ๐Ÿ™‚

Thank you very much for your great support!

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

You’re welcome ๐Ÿ™‚

Josef

Hi Tom,

sorry, I have another question ๐Ÿ™‚ I have my Logo back below the site title and tagline.

But there is a lot of free space between the logo picture and the navigation. Do you happen to know how to remove the space between logo and navigation? ๐Ÿ™‚

Thanks a lot!!!

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hi there,

Do you have a link to your website? Would help to see what’s causing the spacing ๐Ÿ™‚

Josef

Dear Tom,

yes, the link is: http://www.ingbรผro-meisel.de

Another question is: could I add a second logo? I would like to have one below the title (like the blue one right now) and one logo on the left side near the title?

Thanks a lot

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

If you have the Spacing add-on, you can reduce the spacing in the header by going to “Customize > Element Spacing”.

Otherwise, you can try this CSS:

.inside-header {
        padding-bottom: 0;
    }

You would have to use our GP Hooks add-on to add a second logo.

However, I suggest combining all three elements (logo, site title and blue background) into one main image. It will be more responsive that way.

Let me know if you need more info ๐Ÿ™‚

Josef

Ok, I see ๐Ÿ™‚ I think I need some more plugins ๐Ÿ™‚

For your information: The CSS code didn’t work to remove the space between logo and navigation ๐Ÿ™

Do you recommend adding the title “Ingenieurbรผro Meisel” in a picture? But then search engines does not recognize this title as text…. is this correct? If yes, I think a two logo solution could be better?

Josef

Hmm… ok, nevermind. I will put the second logo just in one image as you recommend!

But I still have the issue with the free space… ๐Ÿ™‚

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Add your CSS using this plugin: https://wordpress.org/plugins/simple-css/

Adding CSS to the core theme will result in you losing those changes when you update the theme.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.