[Resolved] Layout for landing pages

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Layout for landing pages

Home Forums Support Layout for landing pages

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Hashim

Hi there,

I finally made the switch from to GeneratePress. It came out as the best pick for me after comparing GeneratePress with Astra and Kadence. And now I’m building my first website with GeneratePress.

I’m no coder and I’m also no professional website builder. I’m just trying to create a website for my own business for now and see how things will go from there.

So I love to work with templates as much as possible. And I love what’s possible with GeneratePress Pro combined with GenerateBlocks. And I can’t wait for GenereateBlocks Pro to be released.

Anyway… I want to create a layout for my landing pages. And I’d like to do it in a way that I don’t have to manually select pages where this layout should be applied on or have to manually exclude pages from this layout.

So if I create an Element for this I don’t want to select all my landing pages manually in the Display Rules and edit the Display Rules every time I create a new landing page. Also I don’t want to select All Pages in the Display Rules and exclude pages that aren’t landing pages and edit the display rules every time I create a new page that’s not a landing page.

But I don’t know if there’s a way to have a saved layout applied automatically to present and future landing pages. I know it’s possible to work with categories for posts. So if I would do something similar for posts, I might try it with post categories and select the category in the Display Rules of the Element, although that isn’t ideal (I like to use categories for real categories and have them be independent but usable when needed for Dislplay Rules and would rather work with a custom taxonomy for this purpose if possible). But I’ve got no idea how to approach this with pages since they don’t have categories and, like I mentioned, it isn’t ideal.

I hope someone with more experience with WordPress and GeneratePress and GenerateBlocks can help me with some advise for this.

Also I don’t even know if working with a Layout Element is the best course of action. I’m going to create a bunch of landing page that all have the exact same design. The same rows, the same columns, the same blocks, the same fonts, the same colors, everything the same except for the texts and images. So I’m not sure if a Layout Element will be the best for this or if I should another way.

The same goes for all the other pages of my website that aren’t landing pages. They’re also the same in every aspect except for the texts and images.

I know one of the first suggestions could be to create a page the way I want it and then clone that page for every new page I want to create and just edit the texts and images. But the disadvantage of that is that if I want to make a change in my design, I don’t want to edit all my pages. I want to be able to make those edits in one place in such a way that the edits will be applied to all the pages that have that design. That’s why I like to work with templates as much as I can.

Is there a way to do this with GeneratePress Pro and GenerateBlocks?

I’m looking forward to all tips and suggestions. Thank you in advance!

Sincerely,

Hashim

PS I’m not a native English speaker, so please forgive me (and correct me) if you find any language errors.

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

thanks for the great feedback.

What you’re trying to do is not currently possible. There is no way to dynamically set the styles in the Block editor or GenerateBlocks at this time. It something we are looking into as part of GenerateBlocks in the future.

The only dynamic content options today are those available with a Header Element:

https://docs.generatepress.com/article/header-element-overview/

But this only applies to the Hero element between the Site Header and the Post Content.
    This can display the Post/Page featured image as a background and overlay content such as the Post Title, Post Author, Post Date or a Custom Field.

Hashim

Thank you, David!

I’m very much looking forward to that feature in GenerateBlocks!

For now I’ll try to work with the Header Element for now.

Sincerely,

Hashim

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

You’re welcome!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.