[Resolved] Layout Distortion

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Layout Distortion

Home Forums Support Layout Distortion

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Cassandra Teo

Hi Tom,

Whenever I resize my browser (ie. change its width), the layout of my site distorts as well. Is there any way to stop it from moving? I have managed to do this before, just do not remember how as it has been awhile.

Cheers,
    Cassie

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hi Cassie,

When the browser resizes, GeneratePress adapts and makes it easier for the user to view the content (sidebar goes below the content, content area becomes larger etc..) – this is mainly for mobile devices.

Currently, there’s no option to turn this off without some CSS tweaks and other small modifications.

However, I do realize the need to be able to turn this off in certain cases, so I will be looking at adding an option to disable mobile responsive functionality in a later version.

Let me know if you have any questions,
    Tom

Cassandra Teo

Hey Tom,

Could you please help me with the modifications so that the layout does not move? My site does not look good at all when opened using mobile devices.

Would it be possible to develop something so that users can develop a seperate layout (ie. rearrange it) themselves?

Cheers,
    Cassie

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hi Cassie,

I will add some things to the next version that will allow you to switch off the mobile responsive features easily.

It’s definitely possible, but would be a lot of coding – perhaps one of the many WordPress mobile plugins out there would intrigue you? Try doing a quick search for them to see if you can find one you like.

Tom

Cassandra Teo

Thanks a lot, Tom.

The mobile features aren’t important at this point of time to my client. They just want the site to not adapt to the browser size. How do I achieve that?

Please and thank you 🙂

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hi Cassie,

There’s a few steps involved that involve some PHP and CSS.

I’ve made it so the next version allows you to define one single constant in your functions.php file that will disable mobile responsive features – it will be out soon 🙂

Tom

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

With the new version of GeneratePress (1.1.0) there’s a simple constant you can define to disable the mobile responsive features.

Simply add this inside your child theme’s functions.php file:

define('GENERATE_DISABLE_MOBILE', true);

If you don’t have/know how to create a child theme, you can use this:

http://generatepress.com/api/themes/generatepress_child.zip

Simply install that like any other theme and activate (you may have to re-set your menus).

Then go to “Appearance > Editor > functions.php” and you can add the code provided.

Thanks,
    Tom

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.