[Resolved] Lay-out Footer widgets setting not persistent

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Lay-out Footer widgets setting not persistent

Home Forums Support Lay-out Footer widgets setting not persistent

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author
    Ed

Hi,

Each time I update a page contents, its Footer widgets setting is reset from 0 widgets to Standaard (Default). This happens at each of the four GP Premium sites I maintain.

Regards

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

can you check for plugin conflicts by temporarily disabling all other plugins aside from GP Premium.

Ed

Hi,

Unfortunately, disabling all other plugins makes no difference at all.

🙁

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Would you be able to provide a link to a page where we can see the problem footer widgets? And provide us with temporary admin access so we can take look at the backend.

Ed

OK, what e-mail address can I use for this temporary access?

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

You can use support@generatepress.com

Ed

Hi,

Basically you can check out any page. When you just view a page, you won’t see any footer widgets. Open, for example https://denksportapeldoornnoord.nl/blog/clubs/schaakstad-apeldoorn/ in the editor, click Update, and check again. Now the footer widgets will be displayed.

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Can you provide an admin URL as well – looks like you have changed from the defaults

Ed
    Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Does the same issue occur if you activate the parent theme instead?

If so can you disable all plugins and keep the parent theme activated and let us take a look?

Ed

Does the same issue occur if you activate the parent theme instead?
    >> Yep

If so can you disable all plugins and keep the parent theme activated and let us take a look?
    >> Done, go ahead.

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Are you saying that you want to use 0 footer widget in the layout metabox but the setting keeps switching back to default?

If so that’s a bug we are aware of and we will be fixing it in the next theme update.

Can you use a layout element as a workaround for now?
    https://docs.generatepress.com/article/layout-element-overview/#footer

Thanks 🙂

Ed

Are you saying that you want to use 0 footer widget in the layout metabox but the setting keeps switching back to default?
    >> Right!

If so that’s a bug we are aware of and we will be fixing it in the next theme update.
    >> OK

Can you use a layout element as a workaround for now?
    https://docs.generatepress.com/article/layout-element-overview/#footer
    >> I prefer to use the footer for Copyright purposes only. Moreover, as long as I remember to reset number of widgets to 0 after updating a page, it’s no big deal…

Thanks!

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

>> I prefer to use the footer for Copyright purposes only. Moreover, as long as I remember to reset number of widgets to 0 after updating a page, it’s no big deal…

Not sure if I understand. The footer options in the layout element allow you to control the footer widgets and has nothing to do with the copyright.

So for example, if you want a couple of pages to have 0 footer widgets, you would choose 0 Widgets in the layout element, and go to display rules to choose the pages you want.

It should work exactly the same as the layout metabox.

Let me know if you need more info 🙂

Ed

I prefer to use the footer for Copyright purposes only.

Sorry, I was inaccurate: this should have read footer bar.

On my turn, I do not quite follow: “So for example, if you want a couple of pages to have 0 footer widgets, you would choose 0 Widgets in the layout element, and go to display rules to choose the pages you want.”

I want three widgets (Archive, Category, and Meta) to display only below posts. Do I understand you correctly that I can set zero widgets for all pages?

Ah, now I see: to accomplish this I first need to activate the Elements feature…

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.