[Resolved] latest update of GP

Home Forums Support [Resolved] latest update of GP

Home Forums Support latest update of GP

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Mizanur

Hi Tom,
    Something went wrong with the latest update. All the widgets were kicked out!

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Which update? Nothing has changed in regards to widgets in a very long time?

Mizanur

Updated to GP 1.3.30 today. and my website lost all the widgets that were there!

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Were you using a child theme perhaps and switched to the parent theme? Sometimes switching themes can send your active widgets into the “Inactive Widgets” area?

Mizanur

Yes, but if I go back to child theme, then I have to start all over again?

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Start what all over again? You can just keep the child theme activated – the updates to the parent theme will run in the background.

Mizanur

by mistake i activated parents theme, then within 2 minutes i went back to child theme – forefront – the one i use. but that does not give me back all the widgets there! now the child theme is activated but seems like i have to place all the widgets everything again.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

This is an annoying issue with WordPress – all of your widgets should be in the “Inactive Widgets” area in “Appearance > Widgets”.

Not sure why WordPress does this sometimes, it’s technically the same theme with the same widget IDs.

Mizanur

you are right. they are all inactive and i am putting widgets back to its place. if this was large website, I will be dead by now! 🙂

and I am seeing this: ( i have put some widgets back but customization area’s widget showing this option!

View post on imgur.com

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

I would do it in “Appearance > Widgets”. The widgets area in the Customizer is still a little iffy in my opinion.

Mizanur

Ok thanks Tom. I will let you know if anything else come up.
    cheers

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

No problem – sorry for the trouble!

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.