[Resolved] Large fonts not visible on mobile

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Large fonts not visible on mobile

Home Forums Support Large fonts not visible on mobile

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author
    Terence

I am trying to get this laptop design [https://unlevel.co.uk/] to work on mobile, but I can’t get the large fonts of font colours to work. All I see is small fonts, all the same size, and all black.

Could this be something to do with using Elementor on the Marketer child theme, or maybe because its the 1.8 Pro RC1 ?

Unlevel

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

Have you fixed this?

I checked the page on mobile and see a large font and multiple colors:
    http://www.screencast.com/t/10mCQc9W

If you right click on the element and use browser inspect tool, you can actually where the styles are coming from::
    https://www.screencast.com/t/4QSbsU6Rm

Terence

I just checked it with Firefox and Safari and I see what you mean.

Nope, haven’t touched it again.

Must be a Chrome thing.

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

My screenshot was taken using Chrome on mobile πŸ™‚

Terence

Hmm, that’s strange.

This is what it looks like if I do it with Chrome…

Unlevel

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hmm maybe a browser caching issue or browser extension conflict?

Maybe check with Elementor as most styles are coming from them?

Terence

The odd thing is it works fine if I use Chrome in ‘Incognito mode’. What would make the difference between not getting the correct CSS in standard mode, but getting it when the browser is in Incognito?

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

sounds like a browser caching issue, as incognito doesn’t cache the page. Have you tried clearing you browser date – cache and cookies.

Terence

I am not sure how to kill the cache and cookies on an iPhone, but the logic doesn’t suggest caching to me. For example, Safari, which I never use and certainly hasn’t seen this site before, has the same problem. I would have expected the exact opposite result, i.e. for it to work in standard mode but not in Incognito.

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

From that screenshot it looks like you’re on wifi. Can you test on your mobile network or another wifi network?

Terence

I’m ahead of you on that one David. I’d switched it off for testing purposes just to see if there was an issue with my router or ISP, but that doesn’t make any difference. And since I started I have also switched from System Stack to calling Ubuntu on Google Fonts directly, but that just means everything uses Ubuntu. Unlike the Incognito interface, the standard Chrome interface uses Ubuntu, but it still doesn’t change the sizes appropriately.

Unlevel

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

I am still the same result as per your desktop screenshot for mobile devices. Using the same fonts as before….. So something must be odd with the Cache if we’re seeing a different result to what you’re experiencing on your mobile.

The other factor could be if you’re logged in on the site.

Terence

Chrome caching is definitely too aggressive on occasions but it appears to be only Chrome Mobile standard mode which isn’t working correctly. It works fine in Incognito and with other browsers. Very strange. Every other part of GeneratePress is working correctly, as far as I can see, so I’m starting to believe its an issue with Elementor, or Elementor used in conjunction with the Marketer child-theme, for some reason. Anyway, I’ll go give the good folk at Elementor a dig, and see if they can throw any light on it.

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Let us know how you get on with Elementor. But they will probably point you back here πŸ™‚ Or blame the Chrome cache which as you say can be a lot more aggressive.

Terence

Actually David, I didn’t get as far as asking them. While I was on their site writing to them I was just going through all the things they would no doubt ask me, and I found it in my server docs. The caching was still running in the background, and that’s why some elements were showing up and others weren’t.

All good now, mainly thanks to you and my good fortune. πŸ™‚

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.