[Support request] Keep getting this error message

Home Forums Support [Support request] Keep getting this error message

Home Forums Support Keep getting this error message

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    John

When I set a page as the blog and try to edit it using Elementor, I get this error message:

PHP Callup

what php file do I place this line of code?
    Thanks in advance,

John

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hi John,

This is because you’re trying to edit the posts page, which doesn’t use the_content() – it instead displays excerpts for your blog posts.

I’ve reached out to Elementor about this – hopefully we can come up with a solution or at least a more specific error message as I believe Elementor is meant to be used on pages and not the blog.

John

Okay. that makes sense. Simply, I am trying to get my blog to take on the overall look and feel of the website, especially the header. I have your GP Premium package so if there is anything in there that can help please steer me in the right direction.

thanks in advance.

John

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

What kind of look are you shooting for?

Lyle

Hi John,

Try using Tom’s WP Show Posts plugin πŸ™‚

https://wpshowposts.com/

Cheers!
    Lyle

8shotping

I am also having this same error, with Elementor.

Trying to use WP Show Posts, but I have reached the near limit of my knowledge on what to do with either the shortcode (since I cant edit the posts page) or with the php snippet.

Is the_content() error a problem with the theme or the page builder?

Also, is this related as to why the description is not showing up on the posts page?
    I was exploring options with <?php echo category_description( $category_id ); ?> but it seems GP is shielding this option? Source

Lyle

Hi Mike,

To use WP Show Posts (WPSP) within a page built with Elementor, the easiest way is to just add the WPSP widget from the Elementor side panel (almost at the bottom in the WP Widgets area). Then just select the WPSP list from the dropdown and that’s all you need to do πŸ™‚

Keep in mind that WPSP displays a LISTING of your posts displayed in whatever manner you have set up in the WPSP list. Keep in mind that you can also create a new single post using Elementor by going Post > Add New > Edit With Elementor.

The Pro add on to Elementor adds the Posts Widget which is pretty much what WPSP does, but not as thoroughly (IMHO) πŸ™‚

The takeaway here is that neither Elementor nor WPSP will be able to (easily) replace the archives.php which is what gives you the listing of your posts using Settings > Reading > Front page displays > Posts page. And if you use one, you should not use the other in order to prevent “duplicate content”.

Cheers!
    Lyle

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.