[Support request] Just updated today and boom

Home Forums Support Just updated today and boom

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Moira Ashleigh

Updated only Generate Press today and the website is messed, I just updated again to Version: 3.0.1 and still no good. It looks like CSS also fa fa icons are gone on Chrome – works on Firefox just fine. :\
    Yes deactivated caching, tried different caching, cleared caches repeatedly, reemployed first caching – but it was working yesterday and the Only change was the Generate Press update.
    See this page
    https://trendincite.com/category/personal-musings/

Thanks
    Moira

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hi there,

I just took a look around your website and Chrome and I’m not seeing any issues.

Can you share a screenshot of what you’re seeing, maybe?

Let me know πŸ™‚

Jim

I don’t know what fa fa icons are, but I just visited your page and it looks great. I can’t see anything amiss.

Moira Ashleigh

How do I share screen shots?

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

You can upload them to your Media Library in your WordPress Dashboard and then share the File URL.

One thing to try first is clearing your browser cache – the fact that the site looks good for a couple of us likely means there’s some sort of local caching going on for you.

Moira Ashleigh

That is what I thought too about the cache πŸ™‚ But now we are only sometimes seeing an even more intermittent issue – I hate intermittent issues – so hopefully we will catch a screen shot tonight and get back to you. Thank you for being so quick to respond.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Intermittent issues also point to caching. Make sure all serving caching is cleared (if it exists) and also make sure any services like Cloudflare or other CDNs are cached.

If it’s only sometimes happening, it means the old source of your website exists somewhere else (in cache, on a CDN) and it’s hanging on to that old version.

No problem! Hopefully it won’t happen anymore πŸ™‚

Moira Ashleigh

we just got a new GP Premium update late yesterday so maybe that will help settle things down. πŸ™‚
    M

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

As long as all caches are cleared you should be good to go πŸ™‚

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.