Home Forums Support Jetpack

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Michael

Hi,
    I added Jetpack to my site as I like the social buttons and ability to post automatically to our accounts when creating a new site article. It seems to work fine although I am a bit worried it may slow the site down. Is Jetpack fine with ‘GP’ or should I use a plugin for the social sharing buttones?
    Thanks,
    Mickey

Ender

My Experience is that Jetpack slows down my website. I would adding the right individual plugins as needed – without Jetpack.

More Infos here: https://sternerstuffdesign.com/2018/02/stop-jetpack-slowing-site/

Some good optimizing hints u can find here: https://generatepress.com/fastest-wordpress-theme/

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

JetPack works fine with GP, some issues do arise with lazy loading and image optimization as this has a habit of conflicting with any theme using masonry or infinite loading.

Overall JetPack is very bloated and will slow down your site. In your case it would make sense as Ender suggests to just add plugins specific to your needs.

epickenyan
    Whelen Troy

Jetpack slows down your site. I have been using jetpack for years. But after my friend’s recommendation to delete jetpack from site, I gained a big boost on my site’s speed. Speed is one big factor in terms of your site on-page SEO. So, if you care about that, I would recommend you delete jetpack on your site.

Morgan

In my research installing Jetpack without disabling the modules *you don’t need* will indeed slow down your site. Yet, everything I’ve seen written recently seems to be based on the *old* jetpack (fair enough, it was pretty bad), yet now it’s better written, you can disable any and all modules (and there’s quite a few useful ones in one plugin) you don’t need, and doing so is pretty snappy (sure, if you’re number crunching other options might win, but it’s not like most infer).

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Thanks for sharing 🙂

Gerik

Almost a year later would you use the tools inside jetpack or separately, like SEO and image optimizer.

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

I’ve never been a fan of Jetpack.

Morgan

Short and sweet answer:

If you want to get fastest speeds possible, go individual plugins *with* testing, or custom.

If close enough is good enough jetpack is fine.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.