[Support request] JetPack errors with SimpleCSS

Home Forums Support [Support request] JetPack errors with SimpleCSS

Home Forums Support JetPack errors with SimpleCSS

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Steven

Hello.
    I’ll start this by saying that the errors I’m about to describe don’t appear to affect the performance of the site in question. I also don’t know if the errors pertain to GeneratePress, SimpleCSS, or EnviraGallery. I’m writing to you because the error reports appear in the SimpleCSS area of the WordPress UI. (I did search the forum before writing and found one similar report but the response to that person didn’t seem to help me! I have emptied the Varnish cache with no change.) I’m hoping you can help me pinpoint the source.
    The site is hosted on DreamHost’s DreamPress service, which includes the Premium version of JetPack. I have most of JetPack’s features disabled, but the plugin itself is activated. (I do have JetPack’s “Image Performance” option enabled.)
    The theme is GeneratePress Premium 1.3.48 (not a child theme). I do not have Debug enabled in wp-config.

On a page like this one for example, I get no errors: https://www.bethneville.com/beth-neville-autobiography/
    On pages such as these, I do see a lengthy list of errors:
    https://www.bethneville.com/monumental-works/caves-to-cosmos-monumental-painting/ (does not use an Envira Gallery)
    https://www.bethneville.com/media-and-themes-overview/portraits/ (Does use an Envira Gallery)

The errors appear in the SimpleCSS section, above custom CSS I have written for these gallery pages (directly on the individual page). I do also have some global SimpleCSS rules, but the errors only seem to appear on pages with SimpleCSS written directly on the page.

A brief example of one of the errors includes:
    “Warning: stripos() expects parameter 1 to be string, array given in /home/<xxx.com>/wp-content/plugins/jetpack/modules/shortcodes/class.filter-embedded-html-objects.php on line 92”

Here are links to screen captures of the errors:

The CSS I’m injecting is pretty simple. In one case,

.entry-content {
        max-width: 1200px !important;
    }
    .album-info {text-align: justify; border-right: 1px solid #999;}

In another,

.ribbon-container{
        width:100%;
        margin:1em auto;
        height:200px;
        overflow-y:hidden;
        overflow-x: scroll; /* has to be scroll, not auto */
        -webkit-overflow-scrolling: touch;
    }
    .ribbon-container img{
        height:100%;
           max-width: 4908px;
    }

@media screen and (min-width:1024px) {
      .ribbon-container {
        height:400px;
      }
    }

So since this issue doesn’t appear to affect the appearance of the pages, should I ignore it? Is there any setting I have overlooked that might be causing this?

Thank you for any tips, insights, or suggestions.
    Steve

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hmm, I just looked into those lines inside JetPack, and I can’t see anything that would be conflicting with Simple CSS (definitely not GP).

I’ll do some more digging, but you can always test by deactivating plugins one by one to see if the errors disappear.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.