[Resolved] Jetengine functionality in generatepress

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Jetengine functionality in generatepress

Home Forums Support Jetengine functionality in generatepress

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Sam

Hi,
    I’m using a plugin called Crocoblock Jetengine to create custom listings queried from posts (or custom posts) and then place those queried posts on any page I want using Crocoblock’s dynamic block called Dynamic Listing Grid after that, I can adjust the settings of that block such as how many posts I want on that page, etc..

I created a home page using generateblock block elements and crocoblock’s grid listing block, everything was fine and dandy.. until the blog/archive page.
    I need to create the blog template and archive template using the same method if possible, how can I do that?

BTW the Crocoblock grid listing block doesn’t work in generateblock block element page, which is the root of my problem.
    I’ve included a screenshot in the private section
    any idea?

Fernando
    Customer Support

Hi Sam,

Blog and Archive template can be created through a Block Element – Content Template: https://docs.generatepress.com/article/block-element-content-template/

You don’t need to create a Query Loop or to use a Query plugin to create a Content Template that modifies the look of posts retrieved in an archive page.

In the article, there’s a helpful video with regards to how to achieve as such.

If I missed the issue, and you’re referring to something else, kindly let us know.

Sam

Hello Fernando,
    thank you so much for your reply. The link is very helpful.
    Sorry if the previous post wasn’t clear, it was late.
    You see, I’m trying to create a custom page/template for each of my categories and for the blog.
    I understand that I can create a custom content template for each of my categories but, what about the category page itself?
    Let’s say (for example) that I want a block element and search bar at the top of ../category/posts-a, but I don’t want that search bar at ../category/posts-b, I want a completely different layout.
    Is there a way to achieve that?

Fernando
    Customer Support

You can create a Content Template for the archive pages of your categories.

To clarify, are you referring to adding a block element to the posts itself or the archive page as well?

By default, this /category/posts-a should be an archive page.

If so, you can create a Block Element – Hook. You can hook it to before_header, then set the location to Post Category Archive and then the specific category.

For instance: https://share.getcloudapp.com/2Num2pND

If you’re referring to Posts of a category, you can try location Post Category then select the category.

Hope this clarifies!

Sam

To clarify, are you referring to adding a block element to the posts itself or the archive page as well?

the archive PAGES, different blocks depending on the archive, like having a different archive template for each archive category.

I’ve attached an illustration of the different layouts I’m trying to achieve.
    generatepress-layout-example

Ying
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi Sam,

It’s doable.

1. You can alter the sidebar layout using layout elements and assign them to each category archive.

2. You can set the general column number at customizer > layout > blog, if you want to alter some of the category archive’s columns number, you can use this php snippet: https://docs.generatepress.com/article/using-columns-in-the-blog/#changing-the-number-of-columns

Sam

got it!
    Thank you, Ying.

Ying
    Staff
    Customer Support

No problem 🙂

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.