[Resolved] Issues with Content Template with Custom Fields

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Issues with Content Template with Custom Fields

Home Forums Support Issues with Content Template with Custom Fields

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Sandee

I am having some formatting issues with the content template I have created for a custom post type. There’s extra margin coming in from somewhere on the field under the headline OVERVIEW. I have the bottom margin there set at 10 just as it is with the other headlines and fields, but the OVERVIEW field seems to show more whitespace. Can you help me figure out why?

Also, I have a sentence at the bottom of the content template —
    Stay tuned for more details as this work unfolds.

…that I need to appear on only some of the ‘projects’ with Projects being the name of my custom post type. Is there a way to do that with the block elements and ACF Pro?

Thank you for your help!

Fernando
    Customer Support

Hi Sandee,

A Block Element – Content Template is meant to be used for Archive Pages inherently. See: https://docs.generatepress.com/article/block-element-content-template/

It would be best to just use Block Element – Hook to add your fields and other stuff.

As for the whitespace, there’s an Empty Headline Paragraph under Overview.

If you use a Block Element – Hook, you should be able to resolve the other issue as well.

Sandee

I’m not sure I understand since that’s what I did — I used a Content Template like the one you linked to. Am I missing something? I know what an archive page is, but that’s not what I’m trying to build here…though I will likely build one after the single post pages. I’ve linked to a couple of videos where I saw this technique.

It (a “project”) needs to be a whole page, so I’m not sure why I would use a hook when I’m not hooking it (because there are multiple fields as it’s a custom post type — i.e., I have more than one field to hook) anywhere. I’m sorry. I just am not sure I understand what you’re saying.

Thanks!

Fernando
    Customer Support

Well, in general, the Content Template is used to style how posts appear in an Archive/Blog page. The page you linked is a single Custom Post type page.

The video you linked uses a Content Template for a singe Custom Post type page which works. However, you may also simply use a Block Element Page-Hero for instance and build those Blocks there. You can try this by creating a Page Hero, and copying and pasting the entire content of your Content Template there.

For the “Stay tuned for more details as this work unfolds”, you can create it with a separate Block Element and hook it somewhere at the bottom.

Sandee

Ugh, yeah, my bad. I did have Hook selected. I didn’t even notice that. I’m sorry. Please accept my apologies if my tone was a bit testy and impatient…it’s late. ๐Ÿ™‚

Fernando
    Customer Support

No worries! I didn’t find your response have such a tone. We’re glad to help! ๐Ÿ™‚

Let us know if you would need further assistance, or there’s anything else you’d need help with.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.