[Resolved] Issue with Niche child theme from the Site Library

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Issue with Niche child theme from the Site Library

Home Forums Support Issue with Niche child theme from the Site Library

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Marcel

Hello,
    I try to use the Niche theme from your Site Library on my localhost.
    I choose Niche from the site library and installed on a fresh WP site, using the demo content. All was working properly.
    But after, I decided to create a child theme and downloaded a completely blank one from this link: http://generatepress.com/api/themes/generatepress_child.zip
    After activating the child theme, the images from products on Woocommerce show on the top of product pages (on the header), not on their normal place.
    Here is a small video recording with the issue: https://www.loom.com/share/34388aa330e24434b6cb31eca3a3beb4.
    Please advise what is wrong. Thank you!

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

That’s weird. A blank child theme shouldn’t do anything.

Have you added anything in the child theme or modify the original imported template at all?

If not we will need to see the issue live to debug unfortunately.

Let me know 🙂

Marcel

I didn’t add anything at all to the child theme. It’s weird, as long is not my first website made with GP Premium, and using a child theme. The website is on the localhost, so I don’t have a live version.

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

Niche ( like most of the Sites ) adds CSS to the Customizer > Additional CSS which is stored with the Theme, so revert to the Parent Theme and copy the CSS out and add it to your Child Theme stylesheet. This should fix the problem

Marcel

Thank you, David!
    Great support, as always. Your solution solved the issue. Have a great day!

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Glad to be of help

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.