[Resolved] Issue with Gutenberg

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Issue with Gutenberg

Home Forums Support Issue with Gutenberg

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Swadhin

Hi There,

I recently updated my site to use Gutenberg but I am seeing the WP show posts shortcodes no longer works when they are added as shortcode blocks (it used to work, and works even now when the older posts using them are in classic editor format).

But when converted to blocks format they display the 10 latest posts with no links (only text excerpts) instead of the 3 custom articles I had selected for that specific wp show post code.

Here is the screenshot to the current issue and here is the demo (check the extreme bottom of the article I linked in website URL section) of the WP show posts working correctly in some older posts that I have not yet converted to blocks.

P.S. Moving forward with Gutenberg, how do you see it affecting plugins like WPSP and Lightweight Grid Plugin (because I have used them extensively and so wanted to know how it might work or if it will still get updates/support).

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

WPSP is a separate plugin so please use its own support forum:

Free version:
    https://wordpress.org/support/plugin/wp-show-posts

Pro version:
    https://wpshowposts.com/support/area/pro-support/

My recommendation would be to stop using LGC and start using Gutenberg columns.

Thanks!

Swadhin

Okay. πŸ™‚

But we can use Gutenberg columns as to set up only 2 columns, right? Or can we use (if yes, how?) like LGC to create custom columns (with custom number of columns and width of them)?

-Swadhin

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Yup I believe Gutenberg allows you to set 2-6 columns.

Please Google “Gutenberg Columns” to see some articles on how to use it.

Please keep in mind that this is a GP forum, not a general WordPress forum, so the questions should be related to GeneratePress.

Thanks for your understanding πŸ™‚

Swadhin

I am sorry if I went off-topic… Thanks for reminding. πŸ™‚

Also, thanks for helping me with this thing. πŸ™‚

-Swadhin

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

No problem πŸ™‚

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.