[Resolved] Issue with Contact Form 7

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Issue with Contact Form 7

Home Forums Support Issue with Contact Form 7

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Dave

Like many others.. having issues with new 5.1 Contact Form 7 and the v3 reCaptcha. Just upgraded that plugin to 5.1.1 to and now find forms are being blocked. Author of the form suggest this is a theme issue in the post linked below.

“We know some theme authors improperly omit wp_footer() call to block scripts from loading. That is one of the worst practices in theme development that will surely causes problems like those explained above. Ask the theme author for a fix if you find your theme has such issues.”

Would you concur?

https://contactform7.com/2018/12/18/contact-form-7-511/

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hi there,

wp_footer() is very important. It’s included in GeneratePress: https://github.com/tomusborne/generatepress/blob/2.2.1/footer.php#L61

Dave

Thank you for the reply. Appreciate the info. Now to decide what to do with multiple broken forms. Cheers!

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

No problem! Perhaps it’s another plugin conflict?

Theo

Hi Tom,

Not sure, but I’m having exactly the same problem as the OP: latest versions of Contact Form 7 and GP Premium. The problem started occurring after updating Contact Form 7. So for the time being, I am reverting back to a previous version (5.0.5) of Contact Form 7 that supports recaptcha v2.

Dave

CF7 5.1 with v3 reCaptcha allowed so much spam through (hundreds of mails per day). A glimmer of hope was posted by the author of CF7 that 5.1.1 would make improvements. Well.. 5.1.1 blocked EVERY attempt including legitimate form posts and then that author blames theme creators for the problem. smh…(All mentioned above).

Just a follow up that I too, reinstalled CF7 5.0.2 and updated the keys back to v2 reCaptcha and all is working well. No spam, no intrusive Google badge at the bottom of every page, and legitimate message can now be sent once again.

Onward and upward in search of a new contact form plugin (free or not-free).

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

That’s strange. There shouldn’t be anything in the theme that will cause issues like this. If the author has any ideas, I’m totally willing to look into it.

Dave

CF7 author made blanket statement about themes not using wp_footer() as a source of the problem. You confirmed you do so I have zero belief this is theme related. Even have the problem on default themes. Might be LightPath related.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.