[Resolved] Issue with Below the Header GP Hook

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Issue with Below the Header GP Hook

Home Forums Support Issue with Below the Header GP Hook

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Christa Hutchins

Hey Tom! I was so excited that we got my page looking like I wanted it to look that I never noticed that the Mailchimp for WP form that we put below the header doesn’t actually work! When you click Submit (Sign up) button, nothing actually happens. Any ideas? I’ve posted on the support forum for the plug in, but thought I’d check with you also to see if you see anything.

Code we put in the GP Hook:
    <!– MailChimp for WordPress v2.3.14 – https://wordpress.org/plugins/mailchimp-for-wp/ –></p>

<form method=”post” style=”color: white”>Receive the How to Plan (Almost) Anything Toolkit in your inbox!<p><input type=”text” name=”FNAME” placeholder=”First name” required=”required”> <input type=”text” name=”LNAME” placeholder=”Last name”> <input type=”email” name=”EMAIL” placeholder=”Email address” required=”required”> <input type=”submit” value=”Sign up”></p>

<input type=”text” name=”_mc4wp_h_b1a0fbe1c2efc55b75afc29583b051ab” value=”” tabindex=”-1″ autocomplete=”off”>

<input type=”hidden” name=”_mc4wp_timestamp” value=”1443769432″><input type=”hidden” name=”_mc4wp_form_id” value=”0″><input type=”hidden” name=”_mc4wp_form_element_id” value=”mc4wp-form-1″><input type=”hidden” name=”_mc4wp_form_submit” value=”1″><input type=”hidden” name=”_mc4wp_form_nonce” value=”ed1d72a1d2″></form>

<!– / MailChimp for WordPress Plugin –>

Christa Hutchins

I found this info on the Mailchimp website. Could it be a Java/Jquery issue? I have a similar thing on this new page I created.

http://www.doanewthing.com/find-your-calling-worksheet

It doesn’t give the success page, but at least it does subscribe to the list.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Weird – it seems to just refresh the page.

Hard for me to tell from the code – have you tried just adding the code directly from Mailchimp instead of using a plugin?

Christa Hutchins

The second example I gave is using the embed code from Mailchimp. It still doesn’t show the success screen, but at least it does generate the opt-in emails.

I’ll try getting the Mailchimp code in the blue bar but it will take me days to figure out how to get it looking right! Ha ha!

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

It shouldn’t anything theme related – it should be a setting in your MailChimp embed code that will redirect the user to a success page. You may want to contact them directly and see if they can point you in the right direction ๐Ÿ™‚

Christa Hutchins

I have a support ticket in for the MailChimp for WP plugin.

For the page where I tried the MailChimp embed code and it doesn’t give the success message, I found this info at the MailChimp site:

Form shows no success or error messages
    The Classic Form embed code uses jQuery to validate the form and display response messages like the Almost Finished message that appears when they click the Subscribe button.

This action is managed by JavaScript, which is particular about what other actions are being performed on the page. Sometimes, multiple scripts on a page can block one another from working correctly. If you don’t see the Almost Finished message, check for JavaScript conflicts on the page.

How would I check for JavaScript conflicts?

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

I don’t think there are any JS conflicts – you can use the “Inspect Element” tool in your browser (Chrome, Firefox) to check.

I took a look using Firebug and didn’t find any errors.

Christa Hutchins

Thanks for checking. I was able to change out the plug-in for MailChimp’s embed code and get it almost as perfect as we had it before! Extra benefit is that is one less plug-in to keep running! Thanks for the help!

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

You’re welcome! ๐Ÿ™‚

pim

Hi guys,

Looks like I finally found an error similar to mine. I am also trying to get two working mailchimp forms on my wordpress website. I am doing this without plugin’s. If you take a look at me site you will see that there are two signup forms. The first one works exactly the way i want too (it shows a message after you have completed it that you need to check your e-mail) the second one however opens another tab with the standard mailchimp sign up thank you page.
    The code is exactly the same for both forms. On another page of my website I also use the second form and it’s code and there it does work the way I want to.
    I’m interested to hear your opinions or possible solutions.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hi there,

I’m not too sure what could be causing that – you might want to check with MailChimp support.

It could be some sort of conflict with having more than one form on the same page.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.