[Support request] Is there any way to have a different footer for each category?

Home Forums Support [Support request] Is there any way to have a different footer for each category?

Home Forums Support Is there any way to have a different footer for each category?

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Max

I’m trying to add a footer, but the footer needs to be different for each category. Each category has like 100 pages so no way I want to manage all that by hand, is there anyone who knows how to fix?

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

how may categories do you have and what is the difference between each footer?

Max

Hey david,

There are about 5 categories and growing, and the difference between each footer (it could be 1 main footer and a different extra footer page as well if need be) is essentially just a different amazon product code and little text, I’m running a website to help publishers and want to recommend a book in the footer as a way to pay some costs without having to put ads there, but the book needs to be relevant to the category otherwise it will be useless/spammy.

Max

It could also very well be a non-amazon affiliate link as well, but same situation, just need a different one per category.

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

What if you try using the footer bar widget area with this plugin?
    https://wordpress.org/plugins/content-aware-sidebars/

Max

Sadly this one does not work for me/ 🙁 Since it’s a footer at the end of the page, I would of thought maybe there would be a plugin to automatically insert a block at the end of a set of pages, but I can’t find any that will do that.

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

The Content Aware Sidebars should be called Content Aware Widget Areas – it will work with any widget area on the page including the footer.

Your alternative is to Hook the dynamic content in using a Hook Element.

Max

>Your alternative is to Hook the dynamic content in using a Hook Element.

Alternative? That is a perfect way to do exactly what I want, built into the theme! That’s awesome, no idea why you would mention a third party plugin before the native solution but I do appreciate it, works perfect.

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Glad to be of help.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.