[Support request] Is there a way to make featured images fit on mobile?

Home Forums Support [Support request] Is there a way to make featured images fit on mobile?

Home Forums Support Is there a way to make featured images fit on mobile?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Steve

Hi,

I just finished updating all of the featured images for my posts. I made them all 1024×536. The images don’t fit well on mobile. You can’t see the full image, nor the text I have on the images. Is there any way to make these fit on mobile?

Oops, I actually just think I found my answer in the support forum! I went to Customizing>Layout>Blog and removed the 1024×536 that was hardcoded in the width and height section. Is that something I would have put in there manually or does GP come set up that way?

Here is a link to a screenshot.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/vBgpFK21gZeFuRjo9

Here is an example.

https://paddleabout.com/sit-on-vs-sit-in-kayak/

Thank you,
    Steve

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

Is that something I would have put in there manually or does GP come set up that way?

By default those fields should be empty so I’d assume you added that at some point.

The featured image in the example link looks good to me now?

Let me know ๐Ÿ™‚

Steve

Yes, once I removed those height and width parameters it worked. Thanks for getting back to me.

So, the standard featured image size is 1024×536, right? I don’t need to add those parameters manually. Is that functionality there in case you want to change the size of the featured image?

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

There isn’t a standard image size for the featured images – it’s more about personal preferences and what your content container width is.

The functionality is there for you to change them all to a specific height or width when needed ๐Ÿ™‚

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.