[Resolved] Is the Elementor 'read more' link compatable with GeneratePress?

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Is the Elementor 'read more' link compatable with GeneratePress?

Home Forums Support Is the Elementor 'read more' link compatable with GeneratePress?

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    susan

I’m using the free version of Elementor to build out one of my posts. I would like use the ‘read more’ link but it doesn’t seem to work or show up when I preview the page.

I have been just using GP Pro on all of my other posts (and the ‘read more’ link works fine) but thought I’d try Elementor because of the many layout and block options… but if I can’t use the ‘read more’ button I will not be able to use Elementor

The post I’ve been working on is not live, so it will not be visible on the live site

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

to the best of my knowledge Elementor just adds the More tag function the same as what WordPress adds so there shouldn’t be any issue.

Is it a case that the Read More is not showing in the blog?

susan

Correct, it does not show in the blog and the content that should be cut off after the ‘read more’ is still showing

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

I am not a fan of using Elementor ( or pagebuilders in general ) in Posts so haven’t tested this. Any possibility the post could be published so i can see what its doing?

susan

I agree with the sentiment on using page builders for posts, and I would be happy to not use one. What I am after is more control on how to display images next to text. For example the link I posted below shows the first image next to the text. This took a bit of css and media queries to get it to look right on mobile. Elementor had some of that functionality built it within the different types of blocks available. But the problem was getting the ‘read more’ link to work.

I am really open to suggestion on just using GP on its own and I have for all of my posts so far. I’d just like a more polished look over all

susan

https://wildbluecactus.com/a-green-smoothie-thats-blue-and-brown-2/#more-495

This is the post I was to clean up a bit with Elementor

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hi there,

Where are you wanting the read more link to show up? Typically those only show up on the archive pages – not the single posts.

susan

Yes, the archive page..I have decided not to use Elementor for posts until I have a better understanding of how it all works together.

I do appreciate all of the input so far
    Thank you!

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

When I go to the archives (the Food category for example), I’m seeing an orange read more button below each post. Is that not the link you’re wanting to add?

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.