[Resolved] Is it possible to replace excerpts with meta-description of the post?

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Is it possible to replace excerpts with meta-description of the post?

Home Forums Support Is it possible to replace excerpts with meta-description of the post?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Kemo

In blog view, excerpts of posts are just first X characters. I would like to display there what I’m inputting in the post editor for my plugin SEO Framework which is displayed as meta-description for Google. Is it possible?

thanks

edit: to explain more clearly – this is how my blog layout looks now: https://i.imgur.com/gamVRjW.png

And instead of post excerpt I would like to display there my post’s meta-description:
    <meta name="description" content="9 out of 10 people worldwide breathe polluted air. No matter where you travel, you will probably witness Air Quality Index hitting hazardous levels once in a while. Learn how a facepiece respirator can protect you against pollution and how to choose one." />

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

i am not 100% sure but i believe that SEO Framework Custom Page Description is autocomplete, and will use the Manual Excerpt if there is one present. Let me know.

Kemo

David!!! I’ve been using WordPress for like 10 years and didn’t know you can enable manual excerpts… thanks a lot it works like a charm! :)))

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Awesome 🙂 Glad to hear it works, and thankful SEO Framework uses it for auto descriptions. Could have been a messy hour looking for some script lol

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.