[Support request] Is GP incompatiable with Elementor theme builder?

Home Forums Support [Support request] Is GP incompatiable with Elementor theme builder?

Home Forums Support Is GP incompatiable with Elementor theme builder?

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    mc208

I’m having all kinds of problems trying to use Elementor’s theme builder, specifically for the single product page layout in WooCommerce. Making changes to the template, but they’re not reflecting properly when I view a product page in the front end. Is there a setting somewhere that I have to configure so that it works properly? Thank you

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hi there,

GP is fully compatible with Elementor (or any page builder). There isn’t a setting to increase compatibility.

Have you checked with Elementor support yet? What exactly isn’t working?

mc208

Here’s an example. Price is shown twice in the front end. And the button looks messed up, unlike in the editor. Also, not visible in these screenshots, the gallery of images below the main product image does not display in the editor, nor in the front end.

This is what it looks like in the editor
    This is what it looks like in the editor

This is what it looks like on the front end:

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hmm, I expected to find some conflicting GP CSS, but I’m not seeing any.

One way to test is to temporarily deactivate the WooCommerce module in “Appearance > GeneratePress”. Does doing so fix this specific issue? It may introduce others, but ignore those. You can re-activate it once you check it out.

mc208

Hmm no it didn’t fix the issue. It actually stretched the add to cart button out even more.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

So that points to an Elementor issue, as the free GP theme doesn’t have any WooCommerce features/CSS. Have you reported it to them, yet?

A temporary fix might be to overwrite their CSS like this:

.woocommerce div.product.elementor .elementor-add-to-cart--align-justify form.cart:not(.grouped_form):not(.variations_form) {
        display: block;
    }
    mc208

I haven’t reported it to them. I thought it was a theme issue since it works correctly in the back end elementor editor. Although anytime I report anything to them, it never seems to be them.

mc208

I think I will just not use the theme builder feature to edit the single product page in WooCommerce. Too many problems with it.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

It seems to load fine when the page first loads, but as the page finishes loading the issue happens. This tells me the issue is in their Elementor stylesheet which loads late.

You should be able to achieve a similar layout without their builder 🙂

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.