[Resolved] iOS's WebKit not respecting Input Fields' CSS Styling

Home Forums Support [Resolved] iOS's WebKit not respecting Input Fields' CSS Styling

Home Forums Support iOS's WebKit not respecting Input Fields' CSS Styling

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    toasterpc

Hey there, so at the internal launch we ran into some issues so far.

It seems that all of out input fields are not being styled in both iOS Safari and Chrome, running the latest versions of the OS and browsers respectively.

As for testing equipment, we’ve been using Incognito mode within an iPhone 8, though after specifying -webkit selectors the result hasn’t changed.

It strikes me as odd buttons aren’t showing the same behavior, so if anyone could give me a pointer, it would be greatly appreciated.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hi there,

I’m not an expert when it comes to iOS, so I’m not sure how helpful I can be.

What kind of styling have you done? Is everything prefixed correctly?

toasterpc

Hi Tom,

Most of what I have done is to copy and paste the style options with the “-webkit” prefix, though so far that hasn’t proven functional.

I’ll link a pastebin with my CSS pages so you can take a look.

The first one comes from the Simple CSS plugin, and this one comes from the Additional CSS customizer page.

Thanks in advance!

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Perhaps this tool will help?: https://autoprefixer.github.io/

toasterpc

Hey Tom, just returned and catching up!

I was able to fix this by using -webkit-appearance: none; on my CSS file, though having that tool on my arsenal will certainly help for later, so thanks!

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

No problem! 🙂

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.