[Support request] inverted css

Home Forums Support [Support request] inverted css

Home Forums Support inverted css

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Ketil

Hi. I thought I would make an inverted header for a site I’m working on, uses “Mason” from site library as basis for this site. To have inverted colors for menu for this header-element only, what would be the easiest way?

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

you can create a new Header Element:

https://docs.generatepress.com/article/header-element-overview/

You do not need to add anything to the Hero content, just go to the Site Header tab and set it to Merge with Content, then you can enable header and navigation colors to change them.

Then set the Display Rules for the pages you want this effect to apply.

Ketil

Made header element, but couldn’t get the header bg black. it’s set in header, but displays white. What could be wrong?

Ketil

Screenshots of header and settings, why don’t the black bg color apply?

Elvin
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi,

You can try adding this CSS:

header#masthead {
        background-color: black;
    }
    Ketil

yes, that added the background. Now the problem is when i select “no merge”, then I can’t set colors for the menu, and it appears with white background. How can I manipulate colors for main menu with “no merge”-setting?

Ketil

also, the code made the header background black everywhere, not just on the frontpage

Ketil

Sort of got it working as I wanted to, by adding margin to top container in content to push it below the menu. Doesn’t work on cellphone though, there the background color is white.

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Swap the top margin in your container block for top padding, this will extend the color behind the Header. You can adjust the top padding separately for Mobile devices.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.