[Support request] Integration with Beaver Themer – Sidebar

Home Forums Support [Support request] Integration with Beaver Themer – Sidebar

Home Forums Support Integration with Beaver Themer – Sidebar

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    Drijen

Hi there,

I’ve install Beaver Themer, and I noticed when trying to create a Layout, the page options doesn’t show certain things such as Sidebar Layout.

2017-08-16_1544

Is there something I need to do to enable these for Beaver Themer Templates?

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

Sorry not quite familiar with Beaver Themer but maybe Sidebar layout is done by GP?
    https://docs.generatepress.com/article/sidebar-layout/

Robert

I can confirm this behavior. Basically Beaver Themer completely takes over the single post layout and it doesn’t look like the sidebar settings work at all, you basically have to add the sidebar back in manually when designing the layout, thus it’s not ideal. Have there been any solutions to this?

Robert

There’s actually a plugin that looks to bridge the gap here with Beaver Themer by adding the relevant meta boxes back to these specific page layouts. Is this something that can be done by targeting the post type and adding the meta box to that via a function?

https://www.wpbeaverworld.com/generatepress-connect-beaver-themer/

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

The GP metaboxes are set to only display on public post types. I’m assuming that it isn’t a public post type, so the meta box won’t show up on it.

Robert

Gotcha. Any idea how to do it? Obviously someone figured it out with the plugin that I linked to. Just seems like a cleaner way to integrate Beaver Themer and GP, not having to recreate the sidebar.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Do we know the name of their post type? I could try to provide some code.

Robert

Tom, I would love to be able to tell you but I’m afraid I don’t know. I had the same thought process as you and was trying to determine the post type so I could create a function that would maybe add the meta boxes to it but alas, I could not figure it out. I did a little Googling and wasn’t able to determine it either. I can try emailing Beaver Builder to see if they’ll have any info.

Robert

Spoke with Beaver Builder and they said that the custom post type is called: fl-theme-layouts. Not sure if that helps.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

You could try this:

add_action( 'add_meta_boxes', 'tu_fl_theme_sidebar_layouts' );
    function tu_fl_theme_sidebar_layouts() { 

add_meta_box (  
            'generate_layout_meta_box',
            __('Sidebar Layout','generatepress'),
            'generate_show_layout_meta_box',
            'fl-theme-layouts',
            'side',
            'default'
        ); 

}
    Robert

Thanks Tom. No dice however. This could just be that the name for the CPT is incorrect so I emailed BB again to inquire. Thanks 😉

Jo

Hey did anything ever happen with this? It would be so great if we could add sidebars to themer layouts without having to hack them.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

I’m not even sure if our standard metabox would work within Themer Layouts, unfortunately.

Does the filter work?:

add_filter( 'generate_sidebar_layout', function( $layout ) {
        if ( 'fl-theme-layouts' === get_post_type() ) {
            return 'no-sidebar';
        }

return $layout;
    } );
Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.